Make Your Own Seasoned Bread for Stuffing

With the high price of seasoned bread for stuffing ($2.50 on sale), try making your own. Bake a basic white loaf of bread in bread machine, but add 2 Tbsp. sage and 1 Tbsp. onion flakes or powder. When it is a day old, cut in cubes, let dry out. I always put in warm oven for half hour or so to hasten the during process. Store the cubes in the freezer til ready to use.

By wisgal from Lake Geneva, WI

Fantastic tip! I am going to make this ASAP. Sounds delish and as you said, money saving. Thank you.

You can make your own croutons this same way. Flavor them any way you like and just bake for about 15 or so minutes! Much cheaper than $$$ for just 6 oz.

I can't even find stuffing bread in loaves anymore. I like it toasted with leftover turkey after Thanksgiving. This is just what I'm looking for, thanks

Delicious Stuffing
Tips for Making Delicious Stuffing
Food and Recipes Recipes Holidays Thanksgiving Side DishesNovember 21, 2010
Stove Top Stuffing
Recipes Using Stove Top Stuffing
Gluten free bread in a bread machine.
Gluten Free Bread Machine Recipes
Moldy bread.
Preventing Mold on Bread
Recipes Using Stale Bread, Slice of Bread on Cutting Board
Recipes Using Stale Bread