Help With Muscle Spasms

Cciatic Pain and whiplash after motor vehicle accident have caused me severe muscle spasms to neck upper and lower back. Also, a piriformis problem causing butt and leg spasms for 1 1/2 years after auto accident. I still cannot sit for more than a few minutes at a time and no more than 45 to 60 minutes spread throughout day.

I just cannot tolerate the spasms and any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Caty from Toronto, ON

Hi, have you tried Acupuncture or Acupressure? Both these modalities work with muscle problems, hugs, Roz

Find a massage therapist that does deep tissue work. I had muscle spasms in my lower back and shoulder from bad ergonomics at work, and my chiropractor recommended massage and heat in addition to what he was doing. It took several hour-long sessions (and some were painful), but the spasms finally went away. Good luck!

I read on our local paper about leg spasms and cramps in the middle of the night. Place a bar of Ivory soap under your sheets at the foot of your bed and this should help according to a M.D.'s article. Good luck and let me know if this works.

You need to talk to either a chiropractor or an orthopedic doctor about using a TENS unit. This allows you to apply electrical currents to the affected areas from time to time. I have one for sciatic pain and it works wonders! Good luck and God bless you.

See your chiropractor, also buy an ergonomic chair. This is a chair where your body weight rests on your knees, keeping your back straight. A picture can be found here: http://www.workplacesolutionsllc.co ... oducts/Ergonomic-Kneeling-Stool.html

It is also known as an ergonomic kneeling stool. I think they can be found for a lower price if you look.

sorry to hear you suffer like so many others including myself --

http://www.thegrocerygame.com/con__ ... =A35EAE92-65BF-20AC-C710CC1E5DDF81CA

the claim is about cramps not spasms but ...

I had several muscle cramps and was prescribed quinine. When the FDA said that you could not have prescribed quinine without having malaria, my Dr. suggested Tonic Water which also contains quinine. I drink the diet tonic water which has significantly fewer calories than the regular and my muscle cramps are gone. You can also buy quinine in health food stores where it is sold to relieve muscle cramps. This same remedy also helped my sister. I drink about 6 oz per day. You may need to increase up to 8 oz for beginning releif and then cut back.

I suffered from severe leg cramps for years until I discovered Hylands Leg Cramp pills...they contain a small amount of quinine. They relieve leg cramps quickly and might possible help you. I buy them at Walmart in the vitamin/supplement section, very inexpensive.

Hello UNKERS---wherever Amish people live--you will find it! It's much better than BenGay etc---smells like vicks and works wonders.

Also, I learned to do something different--am even doing it for arthritis areas---I do what's called ACUPRESSURE---not Acupuncture. It goes by the pressure points on your body---I go to each sore area--press not hard but softly but it still hurts and count in my head 01 up to 08---stop for the count of 03, and do it one more time--then go to the next sore spot you find---it's helped me now for many years! Sometimes it's the strangest sounding stuff that just may help---like that Ivory soap put at the end of the bed--will have to be checking that out! Annie

Dear Caty,

I too have bulging neck and lower back discs due to a car accident. I live in Ajax ON and I have found a wonderful FREE center you can try to relieve the pain. It is the CERAGEM center that is in several places in TO. I went to the best one in Ajax, but they are also in scarboro, woodbridge etc. Just goggle Ceragem.com and when the site comes up ,look for the location distributer.

It is a center that offers unlimited free 45min massages on there ceragem beds. The are NOT pushy about selling the beds. In fact you have to ask for the info , they just want people to feel good although they don't make any promises of healing . But you will hear many testimonies of relief people have had from many aliments.Many people in the ajax center have been going 6 days a week for free for the 2 1/2 yrs they have been open. My husband and I finally after a yr bought a bed for our convenience, but they never pressured us.

Initially, you might find it painful as it combines acupuncture, massage, but keep at it and in a couple of weeks you won't believe how much better you are. Now , at home we both use it faithfully every day and sometimes more and our backs are so much better. If you go to the Ajax one say hello to Sil and Leanne , they are the owners. You also learn so much good info from them re: health, and the environment is very upbeat . Please give it a try. It is so worth it! Pat Walls

Health & Beauty AdviceApril 7, 2008
Girl in a red coat giving to the Salvation Army.
Michigan Christmas Charities
Oregon Christmas Charities
A clown dressed in red balancing cups on their head.
Making a Circus Performers Costume
Sore Muscles
Sore Muscle Remedies
🎄
🍂