Buying a Knitting Board

I am thinking about buying a knitting board, any suggestions? Are they as easy to use as they advertise? I enjoy knitting by hand, but thought this might be something fun to try. Thanks in advance!

Marilyn from Macon, GA

I have an 11 year old daughter who has wanted to learn to knit for

quite some time, the problem being she is left handed and we

have had no luck finding someone to teach her. We bought

a knitting board, she made her first scarf for my birthday gift with

relatively little problems. She did complain of the yarn getting

tangeled which may be a problem using other knitting techniques

also, not sure. The board we bought was 50% off so it was only

$3.00. A cheap investment for a beautiful scarf for mom.

Good lu

heidi where do you live? if it is by me i am a left handed knitter and i would be more then happy to teach her how to do it. write me at tlcdsfit AT yahoo.com and we can talk ok and as far as the knitting boards go my mom has bad hands and she loves the round ones she has made hats and scarfs and she loves it. i read the long ones are just as easy but i don't know on that one.

Before you buy a knitting board, make sure you are comfortable with it, meaning easy to work, light, easy for the hands to hold on to, while knitting.

If you really want something good and that you will keep for generations and generation go see this site it is beautiful!

http://faistoiplaisir.net

They are amazing to work with.

Take good care and have fun.

We are located in Montreal-Quebec, are English website isn't ready yet, but we do invite you to visit are French site at http://faistoiplaisir.net.

As for the question for left handed, no trouble with this knitting board, for arthritis, fibromyalgia, Sp...Knitting on a knitting board is the best, as specialy the one we make, because my wife suffers from fibromyalgia, polyarthritis..

When she first started to knit on a board, it was square and heavy with nails, and hurting her palms and fingers , not only that but breaking the yarn, so she said, please make a rounded end on with wooden pegs, and here it is Knit on a Board! Have a nice day and take good care!

Crafts KnittingOctober 25, 2006
Over the Door Ironing Board
Using an Over the Door Ironing Board
Adjustable Sock Loom
Using a Knitting Board Adjustable Sock Loom
machine knitting a hat
Buying and Using a Knitting Machine
Bulletin Board
Making a Bulletin Board
🎄