Adding UV Coating to Glasses

I bought new glasses today, but I didn't want to spend a lot of money for the extra coatings for my glasses. I was wondering if there's anything I could use to add UV protection, something made specifically for glasses?

By Lemon from CA

There are UV additives for eyeglasses, however once applied, I'm afraid that when you clean your glasses, you'll remove the application. I think your best bet is to return to the Optomologist and have it applied. Hindsight is 20/20 but in this case it's $$/$$

I have UV protection and an anti-glare coating on my glasses and I hate it! It scratches easily and the edges peel off. It seems like I am looking through a fog all the time. Get sunglasses instead.

Adding UV Coating to Glasses
Adding UV Coating to Glasses
Home and Garden Repair Other Eye GlassesNovember 29, 2009
Remembering Your Glasses
Remembering Your Glasses
Two Wine Glasses
Crafts Using Wine Glasses
Uses for Old Reading Glasses
Uses for Old Reading Glasses
Woman Wearing Eyeglasses
Making Eyeglasses Scratch Resistant