KidsParties

Dipping Party

Category Kids

I am planning my daughter's 3rd Birthday and she loves dipping. I wanted to come up with a food dipping theme but I am not sure what the meal should consist of. I am doing a Dora The Explorer Theme as well.

Kelly from Hephzibah, GA

Oh yes, children love to dip. This sounds like it could be fun. Aside from the usual vegetables and dip, you could serve chciken nuggets with a selection of ketchup, bbq sauce, and sweet and sour; cut up fruit with a yogurt dip; apples with caramel dip; you could serve small cookies like Teddy Grahams with a choice of chocolate and vanilla icings to dip; pretzel sticks with ice cream. Of course, in honor of Dora - tortilla chips and salsa would be appropriate, or maybe quesadillas with salsa and sour cream on the side. I'll bet there's a million other things I can't even think of. Good luck with your party!

You could try a fondue party with dipping items such as chocolate and strawberries, Smores, etc.

Dee from http://www.fun- … ondue-party.html

I don't mean to rain on your parade, but do you REALLY want a gagle of juicy children who have no concept of "NO DOUBLE DIPPING" all mucking around in the same food slurry? It sounds like an ideal way to share colds and viruses to me. You might want to double think, rather than have double dipping. What about a compromise, in giving each child their own little ketchup container for their hot dogs/french fries, and/or plates with individual balls of icing, and cookies (?)

Sounds like a great idea and the only thing I could add to mrsmutt's list is strawberrys and chocolate, one of Dora's favorite foods. But I doubt you would want 3 yr olds covered in chocolate. I agree with "doggie" that the shared dipping could spread germs but you can buy packs of individual paper cups from the dollar store and give each child their own cups of dip. Also, it might be a good idea to get bibs for the kids, the moms would appreciate it. :) Hope you have a fantastic party!

The only other dipping sauces that I can think of that weren't mentioned are honey mustard for chicken nuggets and ranch or onion dip for veggies. As far as the double dipping thing goes, here are some suggestions: at this time of the year, you start seeing those plastic trays to put dyed eggs on. You could get some of those for individual dip trays. I use to use the small, bathroom sized dixie cups for my kids for ketchup, syrup, etc. I'd cut them off about halfway to two-thirds down so they wouldn't be sticking their fingers in the goop. Recently, I found some small metal cups at Walmart, a little bit smaller than the bathroom dixie cup & more flared at the top. I bought 8 of them and use them then put them in the dishwasher. They came in packs of 4 & were in the aisle w/ the kitchen stuff like spatulas & measuring cups & stuff. They might have something comparable at the dollar stores. Also, if you have a lot of cups, you could buy some lazy susans (round turning things) for each guest. You could tape or glue Dora pictures to the lazy susans.

My daughter had a Dora party when she turned 3 too! The meal consisted of nachos with all the toppings. We even had guacamole and salsa con queso. Guacamole doesn's have the yuck factor with kids this age, it's just cool green dip. Very finger food oriented. Also very messy and very fun.

This may not be Dora themed, but 1 idea i like and use is a fishing game, take pretzel sticks, dip in peanut butter and have them try to "hook" a gold fish cracker

For the dipping party you should have fruit and dip them in a chocolate fountain. It is delicious. Your daughter will have so much fun and also have some games like treasure hunts (like what DORA does) or watch DORA movies. Make little lollie bags with a map, saying "thank you for coming to my party hope you had fun", or decorate the house like a jungle and the chocolate fountain as a center piece will look great! Hope I helped!