Browsing: Organizing Wrapping Paper

Keeping Christmas Wrap Rolls from Unrolling

When putting my Christmas wrap, ribbon, bags, etc. away I noticed the rolls wouldn't stay rolled up without the aid of tape (which ruins the paper). I'd just removed a pair of knee high nylons, with a run in one of them. After washing the nylons, I cut across the legs in strips, slid them on the rolls of paper and Voila! Neat rolls and recycling too!

By Marian

Showing: Comments Sort: Relevance

When I empty a roll of Christmas paper I cut the paper tube from one end to the other, then slip it over a new roll of Christmas wrap paper. That way it keeps the new paper clean, no wrinkles or tears. Easy to pull on and off. I always buy my paper on the after xmas sales. If I get 2 rolls of paper alike I carefully unroll one over the other and then cover with the tube I just unrolled. Two in the space of one roll.

Each time I am finished wrapping the present I just take a little scrap of what I was wrapping with and tape it to itself around the roll. No unrolling in the gift wrap box.

I keep Christmas birthday or any kind of wrapping paper from unrolling by using those Velcro ties that you use to tie up cords like computer cords. Just wrap it around the roll and secure you can hook 2 ties together if you need a bigger piece.

These are great. I have been using these for years. I have never cared much for just plain bows. Also good for weddings and baby showers.

Happy gifting.

Dulynn

I use to use tape also and got frustrated with it tearing the paper when you needed to unroll it again. So now I use rubber bands and just slip them over the roll and it keeps it wrapped tight.

Picture of rolls of wrapping paper.
Organizing Wrapping Paper
Holidays and Parties Christmas OrganizationJanuary 13, 2005
Man in a Christmas tree costume.
Making a Christmas Tree Costume
Uses for Nylons
Uses for Nylons
Empty cardboard toilet paper rolls, ready for reusing.
Valentine Crafts Using Toilet Paper Rolls
Freshly baked white dinner rolls.
Saving Money on Dinner Rolls
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on September 25, 2016 at 1:28:51 AM on 10.0.2.237 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.