Question
Browse>Contests>Ask>Share>Newsletters>Account>About>

Removing Hair From My Upper Lip

How can I remove hair on my upper lip? I would like a homemade remedy.

By Saher from India

Here are the recent answer to this question.

By jlyn [3]03/13/2011

I just tweeze mine and it works great. Over the years it has grown sparse and now I only do it now and then. Good luck.

By Lisa [2]03/10/2011

Homemade? I'm not familiar with any homemade concoctions (but that doesn't mean none exist). I think that tweezing or threading would be your options if you don't want to purchase products (although you'd have to get the tweezers or thread somewhere).

I use cold wax strips. Very fast. I used to use hot wax, but the cold wax strips are more convenient. It stings for less than a minute. I was getting bumps, but did some reading up and started using a little hydrocortisone cream immediately afterwards. I tweeze in between waxing.

Thrifty Fun has been around so long that many of our pages have been reset several times. Archives are older versions of the page and the feedback that was provided then.

Archive: Removing Hair From My Upper Lip

How can I remove hair on my upper lip? Can you suggest any tips to overcome this problem sitting in the home?

Bujji from India

RE: Removing Hair From My Upper Lip

Natural Facial Hair Remover

I have yet to actually this, but it sounds interesting. This recipe will remove facial hair.

You will need:

• egg white
  • sugar
  • corn flour

Procedure:
Blend the egg white with sugar and corn flour. Blend it well until it becomes a sticky paste. Apply the mixture to your face. When it dries gently peel it off. Repeat this three to four times a week. (05/08/2007)

By JJ

RE: Removing Hair From My Upper Lip

We got my sister a small ladies mini razor at CVS or any drug store. Her medicine made the hair on her face grow wildly. This worked so well and she said it didn't hurt when she used the mini ladies razor. You need no water or soap to use it. She says it fits in her drawer and when she watches TV she gets it out and away she goes, while watching TV. (05/08/2007)

By Bonnie

RE: Removing Hair From My Upper Lip

I'm not sure if Avon is sold in India or not, but they sell a product called 'Skin So Soft facial hair removal cream'. It's under $10 and I use it all the time and have heard other ladies say it's a good product and it doesn't burn either. Good luck. I've always heard shaving it off makes it come back darker and coarser. (05/08/2007)

By grammar

RE: Removing Hair From My Upper Lip

I checked out the Avon Skin So Soft Facial Hair Removal Cream at the following website: http://www.amazon.com/Avon-Fresh-Smooth-Facial-Removal/dp/B0008EFTD6. It got great reviews from a couple people there. Hope you can purchase this online and enjoy it. Best to you. (05/08/2007)

By Bonnie

RE: Removing Hair From My Upper Lip

At 63 years old, I've tried many things.
  • Waxing very painful.
  • Pulling, very painful.
  • Epilady, very painful. (pulls them with a battery operated thing that goes around and grabs the hair)
  • Electrolysis, painful and I still have them after 5 years of going back.
  • Hair remover cream, stinks, and skin hurts later, very irritating.

What do I use now?? A good Lady Remington razor. Would I get another one? Yes! Would I consider any other way? No.

Good wishes. (05/08/2007)

By no name today

RE: Removing Hair From My Upper Lip

I have tried SurgiCream. It has a sensitive skin formula and a regular formula. It works fairly well. It does come with a cream to use after the hair removal which cools and soothes. I ordered it online. (05/09/2007)

By az2010

RE: Removing Hair From My Upper Lip

Corn starch is called "corn flour" in England. It's the same thing. (05/09/2007)

By Joankay

RE: Removing Hair From My Upper Lip

I am only 16 and I always get a "mustache" so I use the Nair Cream Removal. After four minutes it's gone! It's amazing. (06/24/2007)

By Victoria

RE: Removing Hair From My Upper Lip

Hey there! The first time I tried removing hair from my upper lip I used a facial wax kit which can be purchased at any local drug store (Shoppers Drugmart, Pharma Plus, etc.) It only hurt a little and was pretty effective. Any hair that the wax does not get can be easily plucked out with a pair of tweezers. This will hurt the first time a bit, but if you tweeze your upper lip hairs regularly (1-2 times a week), then the hairs become weaker and easier to pluck out. Eventually, it'll just become a part of your usual beauty care routine and become a lot more painless! Hope this helps. (09/01/2008)

By Girl