Spool Snowman Ornament
Every year my kids and I make a handmade ornament for their tree and one extra for the family tree. This is what we came up with this year.
- wooden spools
- white acrylic paint
- clear sealant
- homespun fabric
- jingle bells
- paint for eyes, nose, and mouth
- I found these wooden spools on clearance on Hobby Lobby, but they have these at Walmart for 8 spools for $2.00. We started out by painting the spools with white acrylic paint and clear sealant. Let dry for 5 minutes each.
- I ripped a piece of a 12 inch homespun fabric, strung it to the jingle bell, and tied 2 knots.
- We strung the first spool and tied 2 knots, second spool and tied 2 knots, and strung the third spool and made a loop big enough for it to hang, then tied a knot.
- We added the eyes, nose with paint. The smile we used was black puffed paint. It didn't cost much to make at all, less than $3.00.
By Bonnie from Norman, OK
November 27, 20080 found this helpful
I like this. It looks easy & very nice. Thanks.
By guest (Guest Post) Flag
December 1, 20080 found this helpful
I was given one of these a few years ago as a gift. It's one of my favorites! I think I'll make some this year too.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
In This Article
You are viewing the desktop version of this page: View Mobile Site
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by ThriftyFun
generated on December 8, 2016 at 9:19:09 PM on 10.0.2.212 in 1 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer
. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us