Spool Snowman Ornament
Every year my kids and I make a handmade ornament for their tree and one extra for the family tree. This is what we came up with this year.
- wooden spools
- white acrylic paint
- clear sealant
- homespun fabric
- jingle bells
- paint for eyes, nose, and mouth
- I found these wooden spools on clearance on Hobby Lobby, but they have these at Walmart for 8 spools for $2.00. We started out by painting the spools with white acrylic paint and clear sealant. Let dry for 5 minutes each.
- I ripped a piece of a 12 inch homespun fabric, strung it to the jingle bell, and tied 2 knots.
- We strung the first spool and tied 2 knots, second spool and tied 2 knots, and strung the third spool and made a loop big enough for it to hang, then tied a knot.
- We added the eyes, nose with paint. The smile we used was black puffed paint. It didn't cost much to make at all, less than $3.00.
By Bonnie from Norman, OK
Read feedback for this post below.
Click here to post feedback.
By Candy McCarty (Guest Post)
I was given one of these a few years ago as a gift. It's one of my favorites! I think I'll make some this year too.
I like this. It looks easy & very nice. Thanks.
Add your voice to the conversation.