Spool Snowman Ornament

Every year my kids and I make a handmade ornament for their tree and one extra for the family tree. This is what we came up with this year.

• wooden spools
  • white acrylic paint
  • clear sealant
  • homespun fabric
  • jingle bells
  • paint for eyes, nose, and mouth

1. I found these wooden spools on clearance on Hobby Lobby, but they have these at Walmart for 8 spools for $2.00. We started out by painting the spools with white acrylic paint and clear sealant. Let dry for 5 minutes each.
  2. I ripped a piece of a 12 inch homespun fabric, strung it to the jingle bell, and tied 2 knots.
  3. We strung the first spool and tied 2 knots, second spool and tied 2 knots, and strung the third spool and made a loop big enough for it to hang, then tied a knot.
  4. We added the eyes, nose with paint. The smile we used was black puffed paint. It didn't cost much to make at all, less than $3.00.

By Bonnie from Norman, OK

I like this. It looks easy & very nice. Thanks.

I was given one of these a few years ago as a gift. It's one of my favorites! I think I'll make some this year too.

Crafts Christmas OrnamentsDecember 19, 2007
paving stone snowman
Making a Paving Stone Snowman
Making a Snowman Money Holder
Making a Felt Snowman Money Holder
Felt Snowman Ornament
Making a Felt Snowman Ornament
Snowman Christmas Ornaments
Snowman Christmas Ornaments