Cook Ahead for Faster Meal Prep

I do not have much time for cooking in the evening after work. So I try to cook some things ahead, like ground round and chicken.

When visiting the wholesale club, I buy 90% lean in quantities of 10 pounds. When I get home I make a few patties, then cook the remaining meat in a Dutch oven on top of the stove. When the meat is thoroughly cooked, I drain it, cook it, then separate into freezer bags in quantities of 1 to 1 1/2 pounds. When I am ready to cook, I simply put a bag of beef into the microwave to thaw and my meal prep time is cut down dramatically.

With chicken, I shred the cooked chicken and freeze in bags to use in soups and casseroles.

By Lori from Fishers, IN

This is a great tip! I don't work outside the home but I am always for getting a meal on the table as quick as I can. We buy the large package of ground chuck at Sam's Club and my husband fries up half of it with chopped onion. I portion out the other half to keep raw and put in freezer bags. The cooked meat also goes in freezer bags in about 1 lb portions and ea bag is marked with the date. It really is a great convenience to be that much ahead when I start dinner.

I also like to boil up eggs to use throughout the week and anytime I have leftover cooked chicken, turkey or ham, I dice up and put in freezer bags for future recipes.

Cooking Ahead to Save Time
Cooking Ahead to Save Time
Food and Recipes Food Tips Time SaversFebruary 22, 2008
Scoop of brown rice. Freezing brown rice.
Freezing Brown Rice
Ninja Master Prep
Using a Ninja Master Prep
Ninja Prep Master Pro
Recipes for the Ninja Prep Master Pro
🎉
🎄