Kitchen ToolsFood Tips

Product Review: Salton Yogurt Maker

Product: Salton Yogurt Maker

Cost: 25.00

My husband bought it for me for Valentine's Day knowing I love yogurt. It is so simple to use and the container that it incubates in stays a constant temperature. It is only a one quart container so if you want more yogurt than that at a time then it isn't for you. I just add my fruit or vegetables after it cools and yum!

By bettsnbob from Darlington, SC

We bought a Salton Yogurt Maker and have enjoyed more yogurt since I can begin to tell you. I started out with some purchased plain yogurt with the live "bug" in it, and made it up using a bit more dry powder milk than it called for, and I left it sitting for a few hours longer than it said to.

I ended up with the best yogurt we've ever had and have used it just like we'd normally use sour cream in so many foods, on baked potatoes, in mashed potatoes, making salad dressings. About once a month, I do buy a small container of plain yogurt to "start over with" just so that my "bug" stays nice and active. I wouldn't trade it for any other kitchen appliance we have now.

Yogurt is so very good for you, and even more so as we age. It's as easy as falling off a log to set up and make too. Don't hesitate.

All the best,

Julia in Boca Raton, FL