DecorationsWeddings

Dividing a Room With Tulle

I need to divide a big room using tulle. One side will be for the reception and the other for the ceremony. Can anyone tell me how would be the best way to hang a bolt of tulle?

Terri from Lakeland, Florida

I have seen Martha Stewart use a product that looks like fishing rod line to hang her Christmas ornaments. I would use either clear fishing line for a rod and reel or florist wire that is near invisible or matches the color of the tulle. Good luck on your upcoming event. L from Houston

Are you using a large swag - with a dip in the center & secured at each end with a length on each wall? Or do you want to have a screen of tulle? I would suggest rather getting some sort of screens, and covering them with fabric....I have used screens of lace - but they really do keep people out & might be flammable. Have you thought of renting/getting large potted palms? Or artificial trees?

Thank for your suggestions. I do have several ficus trees that will be used in decorating. I need to do a screen of tulle. I am able to staple the tulle to the ceiling but i just want to make sure i have it even with not a whole bunch on one end and just a little on the other. I have a 150' of tulle so that's going to be a little difficult to guess at. I'm not real worried about it being see through, i just want to make the illusion of two seperate rooms. Fishing line is an option, thats just seems to be a lot of threading for that much tulle. This however would make it possible to make it even and gather it as a curtain. Just not sure if i have time for that. I only have about 3 hours to get all my decorations and cake up before the cemerony time.

I decided to thread 50 yards of tulle as a curtain. It took me 3 days on and off with some help to do it all by hand, but it is beautiful. I can not wait to hang it in the room. I believe it was worth the time and patience to get it done. I doubled a thick piece of fishing line as my rod to hang it with and even made a ruffle at the top. I will post pictures when we decorate for the wedding - Feb 3, 2007. I would do this all over again if i had to. This was the best way to go.

I just moved into a very small studio apartment and have been thinking about dividing my living room and kitchen areas with fabric...I tend to be a visual person anyway someone could send me some photos?

Weddings DecorationsJanuary 9, 2007
Tulle Flowers
Making Tulle Flowers
Coneflowers (Echinacea)
Dividing Coneflowers (Echinacea)
Two echinacea flowers
Dividing Perennials
Pink Tulle
Hanging Tulle From the Ceiling
👒
🐰
You are viewing the desktop version of this page: View Mobile Site.
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on March 24, 2017 at 6:30:57 PM on 10.0.0.145 in 1 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.