Nicotine Stains on Linoleum

I am about to move out of my apartment and want to get all of my security deposit back. I have 2 nicotine stains from a cigarette that are on my linoleum floor. Your help would be much appreciated.

Thank you, Roccina from NY

To celebrate the new year we are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards for people who answer questions on ThriftyFun in January! Click here to find out more...

Are they nicotine stains or burns in the surface? You should just be able to remove stains with soap and water or a mild abrasive cleaner. You can't remove burns but you could try sanding them with very fine grit sand paper to remove the burn and any raised melted edges then colouring them in with marker pen or paint the same colour as the floor to disguise them. You could also ask advice at a linoleum supply shop.

Regards

Jo

I'd try ammonia straight from the bottle and see if that worked.

Four Words: Mr. CLEAN MAGIC ERASER...Answer to all your problems.

girl smoking
Removing Nicotine Stains from Linoleum and Vinyl Flooring
Home and Garden Cleaning FloorsAugust 2, 2004
Homemade Softscrub Cleaner Recipe, Photo of cleaning bucket and supplies.
Cleaning Linoleum Floors
Cleaning Discolored Linoleum
Hand holding a smoking cigarette.
Cleaning Nicotine from Wood Furniture
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 15, 2017 at 3:36:13 PM on 10.0.2.167 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.