Veggie Dip

I found this recipe in a most unusual place - on the back of a packet of seeds! I bought a package of Trionfo Violetto beans, an Italian bean that is a lovely, deep violet color. When cooked, they don't retain that color, but they are delicious.

I don't normally submit a recipe that isn't my own unless the cook book is very old or rare, or the source is so unusual most people won't have access to it. This recipe is just delicious for dipping veggies. If you have never made homemade mayonnaise, it is worth the trouble. It is lighter and more flavorful than store bought, with a silky texture. But your favorite store bought will do just fine.

• 1/2 lb. violet or green beans, stem end snapped off (or other veggies)

Dip:

• 1/2 cup homemade mayonnaise
  • 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
  • juice of one lemon
  • 1 roasted red pepper, finely chopped (if you want a little crunch, don't roast)
  • pinch of cayenne pepper

Directions:

Cook the beans in boiling water for 3 minutes, rinse in cold water, and set aside.

Mix all dip ingredients well. Chill for a few hours. Serve with the green beans, or with a variety of pared veggies.

By Copasetic1 from North Royalton, OH

I am thinking nice white raw florets of cauliflower and cherry tomatoes

with this dip. It's going to be just yummy, I'm sure. Maybe some rolled-

up leaves of romaine.

This is so different that you know I'm going to have to try it. Thanks for sharing. A definite "thumbs up".

Pookarina

This sounds delicious, not only for the beans, but for all raw veggies as you suggest. I would love it with raw broccoli and raw cauliflower best of all, and using homemade mayonnaise puts it way over the top. Not even Hellmann's Mayo can match the flavor of homemade.

I doubt seriously that I'd ever be able to find the purple beans, but I'm sure other varieties of green beans will work too. I'm going to find some nice young tender ones, and give your recipe a good workout.

Thank you for sharing it with us.

Pookarina

Dipping Vegetables in Vegetable Dip
Vegetable Dip Recipes
Food and Recipes Recipes Dips & SpreadsJuly 5, 2011
Tuna Dip
Tuna Dip Recipes
Italian Dip
Italian Dip Recipes
Veggie burger patty.
Veggie Burger Recipes
Honey Mustard Dip Recipes
Honey Mustard Dip Recipes
🎉
🎄