Question
Browse>Contests>Ask>Share>Newsletters>Account>About>

Fruit Punch Stain on Clothing

Does anyone know how to remove fruit punch stain from clothing?

Laura from Santa Barbara, CA

Here are the recent answer to this question.

By (Guest Post)01/24/2009

The tide website does have some really useful advice. It said the secret to getting out fruit juice stains is to get cool water on it and start diluting it as soon as possible.

Last night I got home from a party with a "punch" stain on my hoodie. I thought to myself "Oh well I guess it's ruined (coming from the experience of not being able to get a professional dry cleaning company to get a punch stain out of a tie once).

What I did: Soaked it over night in a bucket with cool water ASAP. Got up this morning. The stain was gone! Other sites tell you to use crazy stuff like vinegar or ammonia (WTF?!). But this worked for me.

By JILL [5]04/10/2006

You might want to try an ammonia solution, which is
1 tablespoon ammonia with 1/2 cup of water.
If that doesn't work try a vinegar solution,mix 1/3 cup of vinegar and 2/3 cup of water.
I think these will help. I also think you should set the item outside in the sun, if possible.
Good luck.
I think this will work but it might take sometime.

By Katie [13]04/10/2006

I am not sure what color or type of fabric it is to help with that, but if you go to http://www.tide.com they have a thing called stain detective (or something like that) that will ask what type of fabric, etc and give you ideas. I used to use it a lot. Hope this helps!