Solution For Cloudy Mirrors

By bernie 2

I have two (inexpensive) mirrors in my home that are driving me nuts. They have "stains" on them that I can only describe as like water stains and very cloudy. They look dirty all the time. Any idea on what I can do.

Thanks very much.
Bernie

Showing: Answers Sort

By Sharon Gage 2 Flag

I would suggest that you go to a hardware store and get some Mirror surface removal and take your mirrors and take the paint off the back of them and buy some Mirror refinisher paint...and repaint them.. of course this might be fairly expensive if these are cheap mirrors...then just go get new mirrors...there are mirrors in all prices...

Hope this helps some

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By christine 5 Flag

It is possible that those are water stains. If water gets behind the mirror this can happen. Best to buy new mirrors.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By guest (Guest Post) Flag

Try this before replacing. I don't know if it would work for your type of mirrors/problem, but it couldn't hurt. Take a small amount of shaving cream and clean the mirror. Don't use anything else with it. Just put a lil dab on a soft cloth and rub in until it is clean.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By guest (Guest Post) Flag

try using compound wax , the kind they use for cars.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By guest (Guest Post) Flag

Put some dishwashing liquid on a cloth and rub all over the mirror and buff until it shines. This will also keep the mirror from steaming.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By guest (Guest Post) Flag

I too have a problem with cloudy mirrors and light fixtures - Several weeks ago a friend in my neighborhood gave me a can of Sprayway Glass Cleaner - be sure to use cotton fabric to clean mirrors with and I heard you should not spray the mirror but spray the fabric - do not use fabric softener in your "rags" - also soft paper towels like Viva and Bounty have an ingredient in their manufacturing that adds softness - hope it works for you. Someone once said the cheaper paper towels are best for mirrors and windows - of course newspaper works too but is dirty unless you use gloves. Check on line for availablity for Sprayaway - it can be purchased at Target, hardware stores and Linens & Things stores it's a big 19 oz can - My neighbor got hers ar Sam's but had to buy a case of it so she gave me a can.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Comment

Home and Garden Cleaning AdviceMarch 27, 2005
ThriftyFun on Facebook ThriftyFun on Pinterest Enter a Contest Free Newsletters Ask a Question Share a Post
Cleaning Bathroom Mirrors, Reflection in a mirror of boy drying his hair with a blow dryer.
Cleaning Bathroom Mirrors
Decorating Ikea Mirrors
Decorating Ikea Mirrors
clean bathroom mirror
Keeping Mirrors from Streaking
Cleaning Mirrors
Cleaning Mirrors
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 9, 2016 at 8:16:00 AM on 10.0.2.163 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.

NewestOldestMost HelpfulLeast HelpfulRelevance
Site MenuShare a PostContestsAsk a QuestionAbout ThriftyFun
BrowseAll By DateAll GuidesAll QuestionsAll VideosRecent FeedbackLonely Questions
CategoriesBetter LivingBudget & FinanceBusiness & LegalConsumer AdviceCraftsEducationEntertainmentFood & RecipesGarage SalesHealth & BeautyHolidays & PartiesHome & GardenMake Your OwnOrganizingParentingPetsTravel & RecreationWeddings