Removing Wrinkles from a Leather Jacket

I would like to know how to get wrinkles out of a leather coat

By Laura from Dayton, OH

Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance
Answer

How do you get wrinkles out of new leather jacket ?

Mary from Erie, PA

Answers:

Removing Wrinkles from a Leather Jacket

I received a new jacket and it was really wrinkled in shipping. I saved a bundle of cash by using a warm steam iron over brown paper (store bag). I'll remember to take some paper along on my travels, since most hotels have steam irons handy. Thanks for the suggestion. (04/15/2008)

By Gloria V.

Removing Wrinkles from a Leather Jacket

I stuffed my leather jacket with pillows then run a home steamer that I bought to save money and time in dry-cleaning. The thing looks almost new, I had stored it for the winter and it was all rumpled. So if you have a steamer use it directly on the leather it won't burn it. (10/25/2008)

By Estuche D.

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I am looking for a way to remove wrinkles from a leather coat. Any suggestions will be most welcome.

Renee Fowler

Answers:

Removing Wrinkles From a Leather Coat

Here's some useful info from a leather coat site:

"A wrinkled garment can be hung in the bathroom while you shower. If the wrinkles don't steam out by themselves, gently iron the garment at a warm setting after layering clean brown paper between the iron and the leather. Store your leather garment in a well-ventilated area and cover with a cloth to keep it dust free. Avoid storing your leather garment in plastic. Leather is porous and it needs to "breathe"."

Source: MPS Leather (10/15/2004)

By ThriftyFun

Thanks!

Very pertinent question to be asked... very much help for me, who has wrinkled leather! I will try to hang them out. Thanks TF! (06/07/2005)

By Noel

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Home and Garden Cleaning LaundryNovember 28, 2009
Leather Jacket
Cleaning Body Oil Stains on Leather Jacket
Leather Jacket
Cleaning Stains on a Leather Jacket
Girl wearing a leather jacket.
Caring for a Leather Jacket
An ink pen in a blue leather purse.
Removing Ink from Leather
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on May 24, 2016 at 11:09:09 AM on 10.0.2.134 in 384 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.