Browse   Newsletters   Contests   Ask   Share   Account   About

Removing Wrinkles from a Leather Jacket

I would like to know how to get wrinkles out of a leather coat

By Laura from Dayton, OH

Thrifty Fun has been around so long that many of our pages have been reset several times. Archives are older versions of the page and the feedback that was provided then.

Archive: Removing Wrinkles From a Leather Coat

I am looking for a way to remove wrinkles from a leather coat. Any suggestions will be most welcome.

Renee Fowler

RE: Removing Wrinkles From a Leather Coat

Here's some useful info from a leather coat site:

"A wrinkled garment can be hung in the bathroom while you shower. If the wrinkles don't steam out by themselves, gently iron the garment at a warm setting after layering clean brown paper between the iron and the leather. Store your leather garment in a well-ventilated area and cover with a cloth to keep it dust free. Avoid storing your leather garment in plastic. Leather is porous and it needs to "breathe"."

Source: MPS Leather (10/15/2004)

By ThriftyFun

Thanks!

Very pertinent question to be asked... very much help for me, who has wrinkled leather! I will try to hang them out. Thanks TF! (06/07/2005)

By Noel

Archive: Removing Wrinkles from a Leather Jacket

How do you get wrinkles out of new leather jacket ?

Mary from Erie, PA

RE: Removing Wrinkles from a Leather Jacket

I received a new jacket and it was really wrinkled in shipping. I saved a bundle of cash by using a warm steam iron over brown paper (store bag). I'll remember to take some paper along on my travels, since most hotels have steam irons handy. Thanks for the suggestion. (04/15/2008)

By Gloria V.

I stuffed my leather jacket with pillows then run a home steamer that I bought to save money and time in dry-cleaning. The thing looks almost new, I had stored it for the winter and it was all rumpled. So if you have a steamer use it directly on the leather it won't burn it. (10/25/2008)

By Estuche D.