Color Ideas for a July 4th Wedding

I am having a July 4th wedding. I need help with color schemes! Everywhere I turn all I'm getting is red, white, and blue, but that is not what I want. I need suggestions for a beautiful July 4th wedding, that does not look like an American flag bridal party.

By Beth from Hershey, PA

How about choosing white and either blue or red? Both red/white and blue/white look crisp and fresh; and will give a nod to the flag, without looking too cliche.

How about silver and gold. Think of sparklers, fireworks and you could make it festive without quite so patriotic. You could add small touches of red, white and blue just to pull it all together if you want, but think the other would be great.

I would conveniently forget the holiday and do your wedding, in whatever color you want to! July is summertime too. When I think of summer, I think of sunshine and green grass. Yellow and green? They have some awesome shades of green out there right now.

You could take a spin off of it and use a country blue, cream or maroon wine color.

Look for the colors of flowers that will be in bloom at that time and use those for some of the colors. This will also save some money especially if you can use flowers from friends' gardens or your own. Good luck:)

Our son was in a wedding for his best friend (bride) 2 years ago the 4th of July. She had shades of metallics that included browns, oranges, bronzes from the invitations, dresses, tuxes, She had a boat on a big lake, so no indoor decor needed. The cake was all fancy pieces of cheese cake from the Cheese Cake Factory, on tiers. So that was the decorative there. Really, choose your color/theme according to what you like.

Katies colors of choice made it such a sophisticated 4th of July wedding without being walked over by the regular red, white and blue traditional colors.

Good Luck!

4th of July Fireworks
4th of July Party Ideas
Weddings AdviceJune 28, 2010
Fireworks on the Fourth of July
4th Of July Safety Tips
Colorful Bridal Bouquets
Choosing Wedding Colors
4th of July Fruit Tray
4th of July Party Food Ideas
People Watching Fireworks on Independence Day (July 4th)
Celebrating Independence Day (July 4th)
🎄