Homemade Ready To Bake Cookies

contest winner icon

I've found a way to re-use the plastic tube canisters that Wyler's lemonade and other brands of sugarless fruit drink mixes come in. They are the perfect size for cookie dough.

After rolling and cutting the dough with round cookie cutters slightly smaller than the canister rim, I stack the unbaked cookies with a "cut to size" piece of wax paper between each one. Several squares of waxed paper can be stacked for cutting the circles to save time.

Then fill the canister leaving 1/2 inch space at top, seal with the plastic lid, label and freeze. It is easier to handle the dough for cutting and stacking if it is refrigerated for about 2 hours first. I make several batches ahead. Then when my kids want homemade cookies, or company stops for coffee and a visit, it's quick and easy to bake the cookies from the pre-made dough. This would work for rolled biscuit dough as well.

Make ahead to save time during those busy weeknights families often have.

By Jean from MI

Food and Recipes Food Tips Baking CookiesMarch 19, 2007
Photo of a yellow rubber glove.
Making Your Own Clorox Ready Mop Pads
Freezing Cookie Dough
Freezing Cookie Dough
Jar of peanut butter surrounded by peanuts.
No Bake Peanut Butter Bar Recipes
Keeping Homemade Cookies Fresh
Keeping Homemade Cookies Fresh