Color Bleed on My Bathing Suit

By Kim 1

My brand new bathing suit is light pink and black. After swimming, I took off the suit and placed it in a towel for aprox 15 minutes until I got home. When hanging it up to dry, I discovered that the black got ALL OVER the pink! Rit, I think has a color fade removal, but I've been told you cant use it on bathing suit material.

kvb from Texas

Showing: Answers Sort

By badwater 263 654 Flag

Hi, I'm not sure about the Rit product and your swimsuit. I'm writing to say instead of just letting your swimsuit to dry after swimming in it. Be sure to rinse the pool chlorine water of it when you get home and let it air dry, rather than leaving the pool chlorine water on it and letting it dry. It'll be better for your suit. It's just like taking a shower after being in the pool to rinse the chlorine off your body. The chlorine will dry out your body, if left on it.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By guest (Guest Post) Flag

I just used a product that really impressed me.

It's called Color Catcher and it's made by SHOUT so you should find it in the detergent isle. It's a dye trapper. I had a red tablecloth to wash and one of my tan dishtowels got in that load. I ran the dishtowel through with the dye catcher and it came out like brand new. I used warm water to do this.

I'm sure it will work on your bathing suit.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By guest (Guest Post) Flag

Take the swim suit back to the store with the receipt (and the towel if it absorbed dye) and talk with the manager about getting a refund.

Unfortunately, some clothing items continue to bleed dye for many wettings and you don't need this problem.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Comment

Home and Garden Cleaning Clothing StainsJune 5, 2006
ThriftyFun on Facebook ThriftyFun on Pinterest Enter a Contest Free Newsletters Ask a Question Share a Post
Woman in Straw Hat
Dyeing a Straw Purse or Hat
Painting Over Smoke Stained Walls
Painting Over Smoke Stained Walls
Roman Blinds
Changing the Color of Roman Blinds
Two color rugby shirt.
Clothing is Bleeding Onto Itself
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 8, 2016 at 11:38:43 PM on 10.0.0.254 in 1 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.

NewestOldestMost HelpfulLeast HelpfulRelevance
Site MenuShare a PostContestsAsk a QuestionAbout ThriftyFun
BrowseAll By DateAll GuidesAll QuestionsAll VideosRecent FeedbackLonely Questions
CategoriesBetter LivingBudget & FinanceBusiness & LegalConsumer AdviceCraftsEducationEntertainmentFood & RecipesGarage SalesHealth & BeautyHolidays & PartiesHome & GardenMake Your OwnOrganizingParentingPetsTravel & RecreationWeddings