Moving Supplies Checklist
Here are the basic items needed for an organized move:
- Large markers to mark boxes.
- Check home improvement stores, liquor stores and grocery stores for free boxes.
- A dolly for moving boxes and large appliances.
- Moving blankets or old blankets to protect nice furniture.
- Packing tape to seal moving boxes.
- Twine, rope or clothesline to secure items in a moving truck.
- Newspaper, newsprint, boxes and large plastic bags for packing items.
November 3, 20050 found this helpful
Use shredded paper for packing material.
July 6, 20080 found this helpful
I might add, use towels, sheets, sewing remnants, sweaters, etc. to protect your packed stuff. They have to be moved anyway, you might as well put them to use with your china & good things. You'll save by not buying protective packaging & everything won't be covered with newsprint.
By guest (Guest Post) Flag
December 30, 20080 found this helpful
If you can possibly avoid newsprint do so. Packing with that DIRTY INKED paper will result in your arms being black with packing, and all the stuff being unpacked will be filthy and also your arms again! Makes a bad enough chore into nightmare especially if you have to wash everything you unpacked.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
In This Article
You are viewing the desktop version of this page: View Mobile Site
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by ThriftyFun
generated on October 20, 2016 at 8:43:23 AM on 10.0.0.204 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer
. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us