Question
Share>Newsletters>Account>About>

Crocheted a Hanger For a Hand Towel

I am looking for a pattern to crochet a "hanger" onto a cotton hand towel which I have cut in half.

Thanks,
Jan from Richland Center, WI

By

Here are the recent answer to this question.

By c.gibbie (Guest Post)10/23/2008

I crochet and sell towels as part of my crafts. Have always been told that they are very nice. I use the smallest hook to punch holes in my towels. Be careful however, I have put the hook through and into my finger. Painful. Please use a thimble.

By Pat Giles04/18/2007

Go to freepatterns.com and you can find lots of patterns for the towel toppers.

Thrifty Fun has been around so long that many of our pages have been reset several times. Archives are older versions of the page and the feedback that was provided then.

Archive: Crocheted a Hanger For a Hand Towel

I have a hand towel in my kitchen that has been crocheted so that it attaches to my drawer. Now, I've gotten a nice new cotton kitchen towel that I would like to crochet into and make a similar item out of. I can't figure out how to get the crochet hook into the towel to make the hanger? I thought of something like a hole punch but they are too big. All advice is welcome!

Kate

RE: Crocheted a Hanger For a Hand Towel

My grandmother used to make those dishtowels. She threaded a big needle with the crochet thread or yarn and made blanket stitches across the end you want to crochet. That gives you something to put the hook into. (01/06/2005)

By mckaysatt

RE: Crocheted a Hanger For a Hand Towel

Cut the dish towel in half. Use the #10 steel hook to evenly space holes across the top of the dish towel approximately 1 inch from the edge that was cut.

Hope this helps they look wonderful and last for years! (01/06/2005)

By sparknut

RE: Crocheted a Hanger For a Hand Towel

Just take a fork and poke it into the towel. I do it all the time and it works just fine.

Enjoy those towels! (01/06/2005)

By Sandy

RE: Crocheted a Hanger For a Hand Towel

You could us an awl or anything sharp and pointed. A carving fork would be good and you wouldn't even have to measure equal distances between holes, use the distance between the tines. (01/06/2005)

By lindal

A warm thank you!

A little while ago i sent a request to help me with my dilemna to make a hanging crochet hand towel. I'm very happy with it and very greatful for all the help, the meat fork worked for me! (01/11/2005)

By ThriftyFun

RE: Crocheted a Hanger For a Hand Towel

I do this all the time without poking holes. Depending on the quality of the towel, you can just shove the crochet hook right through it without too much force. (03/12/2005)

By torifreak12