Declutter Your Closet

Know which clothing you wear by reversing the direction of all your hanger heads, now wear what you want and launder as usual, when you return laundered clothes to the closet rehang the hanger in the other direction.

By the end of the season you will know what you wear by the direction of the hanger heads. All you need to do is sort through the pieces you haven't worn all season and decide what you truly no longer need or want.

By Mari

I would not do this in a million years - the reason to keep hangers pointed towards the back of closet is in case of fire - you can grab handfulls of clothing and all hangers face the same way and will not tangle.

Jan

"The reason to keep hangers pointed towards the back of closet is in case of fire - you can grab handfulls of clothing and all hangers face the same way and will not tangle."

In case of fire, GET OUT. I can't believe ANYONE would endanger themselves trying to save something as insignificant as clothes.

thank-you. I did'nt want to post that thought myself but that was my thought when i read the post about my suggestion. also, if your hanger are tangled they are probably the cheap wire hangers you get from the dry cleaners. I still maintain my suggestion for determining what clothing you wear during a season.

To keep your closet clear of clothing that you no longer wear, once every 3-6 months pull out every article that you haven't worn and donate it to goodwill.

By paula

My primary rule is to NEVER clean out a closet unless I am mad about something. If I am in too good of a mood while I am cleaning out a closet, I tend to get sentimental about things. when I am hacked off I am able to get rid of things that need to go.

cj in Dallas

As much of a tight-a*% as I am, clothing is my kryptonite. So in this vein I enact a few rules to keep from creating an avalanche every morning. First - if it hasn't made a guest appearance on my body in a year, it gets the ax. Second - if it only serves a sentimental purpose, it gets it pic taken and then it to goes the way of the Dodo. Third - all items are kept with items of the same color. This prevents having 4 black shirts that are the same, etc. And lastly - If one item comes in, one item goes out. If I really have to have that new dress, then I have to give something up. No exceptions, don't care where you go - but you can't stay here. I pack up all these things (and believe me there's a lot) and hit the Goodwill and donate them. I get a receipt for tax time and they smile like mad when they see me coming. So everyone wins.

Organized Closet
Organizing Your Bedroom Closet
Organizing ClosetJuly 21, 2006
A bedroom dresser that is cluttered and disorganized.
Name Ideas for a Decluttering Business
mirrored closets
Affixing Fabric to Mirrored Closet Doors
organizing a hall closet
Organizing Your Hall Closet
How to Declutter Your Life
How to Declutter Your Life
🎉
🎄