White Christmas

This was our white Christmas this year in Western N.C. It snowed for more than 10 hours. We got 9 inches of heavy snow. It tied a record going back to 1947. The neighborhood kids were quite busy making snowmen and the usual snowball fights.

By Keeper

Pretty picture, however we see a lot of that white stuff here in South Dakota. I'm 70 years old and the older I get the more I hate winter. I slip and fall too easy now.

Redhatterb, I totally agree w/you.I'm retired also. I lived in FL for close to 30 years before moving here. How foolish of me to think back then that NC doesn't have the white stuff or single digit temps. I stuck my head out long enough to snap a few pictures. :)

That's a lovely photo keeper, we so enjoy all your emails with great photos.

I'm 65, still get a kick out of watching those snowflakes fall. So glad I no longer have to get the bike out and go to work 5 a.m. though!

Marg from England.

Thanks for reviving memories of my long-ago childhood, Keeper! I grew up in IN and now live in OH, but no playing in the snow for me anymore. I'm such a wuss, I'd rather stay in where it's warm and dry! :D

White Christmas Snow Covered Pine Cone
White Christmas Photos
Photos Holiday ChristmasJanuary 3, 2011
Man in a Christmas tree costume.
Making a Christmas Tree Costume
Family Working on Hanging Outdoor Christmas Lights
Hanging Outdoor Christmas Lights
Boy Dressed as Christmas Elf
Making a Christmas Elf Costume
Woman with White Hair
Caring for White Hair