Gift Idea for Less Than $30

My dear friends are celebrating their 35th wedding anniversary on Easter Sunday. I need to bring a nice but inexpensive (less than $30) gift to the luncheon. I can't think of anything. They already have all the knick-knacks, appliances, tools, toys, decorations, etc. They are empty-nesters and remodeled last year.

Thanks

How about a nice tea pither with glasses for those nice spring days and hot summer days? Bed Bath and Beyond and Linnen and Things has some very cute SPRING stuff PLUS they always have their 20 percent off coupons out for the Thrifty shopper. Good luck!

How about a gift certificate for a meal at a restaurant?

You could give them crafting supplies and or gardening supplies. A lot of people havent discovered the wonders of having a hot glue gun and hot glue and anyone can use some gardening things. (smile)

I think a nice photo album for them to put pictures from their special day....or a nice photo frame.

If you know them well enough to know things they like to eat, you could do up a gift basket with snacks and goodies....maybe even a themed basket with everything to make a certain meal.

How about a lovely bird feeder and bird food? I have recently found feeding songbirds a wonderful and rewarding thing to do now that my last chick (and my last retriever!) has left the nest. This is a perfect time too; they are nesting, and new babies will be making their first trips out in the next few weeks. They'll be able to see the parents feed the babes, as, even tho they are ready to take first flights from the nest, they cannot yet feed themselves. They stand and open their beaks and shake until mama or papa comes and drops some food in. It's beautiful to see the trust of the babies and the caring of the parents.

You should be able to get a nice (maybe copper?) feeder and black oil sunflower seeds for $30 or less.

Donna

This may sound silly, but for Christmas I got a very inexpensive charger plate filled with fun fruits (ones I wouldn't normally buy-mini bananas, pomegrante, etc) and some almonds and chocolate pretzals from the bulk aisle, all wrapped up with a nice netting and ribbon. It even had measuring cups in it in a flashy red color. It was one of the nicest gifts I had ever gotten because it was almost all stuff that you could eat (so it will be used) and the little touches (I already had measuring cups) were all really nice. Presentation is also nice, and I can't imagine it cost too much. You could even tuck in a gift card for a sundae or something to Dairy Queen or whereever. Whens the last time you saw two older adults, married 35 years, go out for cones together?! Its always those nice little things I think. Anyway, hope this helps!

I was going to suggest a gift certificate to a nice restaurant but someone else already did. So......my favorite 25th anniversary gift was a large silver colored planter with 3 pretty new bath towels rolled up to look like a flower. Pretty, useful, etc. We got TOO many things that said "25th anniversary" and what do you do with them later?? I'd like a gift certificate to a gardening center, an office supply store, etc. also.

Restaurant gift certificates are the GREATEST for those who have everything and who do not need any more "junk"

We are in our 60's and have been married for 35 yrs. We don't need anything else to sit around the house and gather dust...GIVE US FOOD FOR FREE!!

LOL

How about a plant, bush, or tree? Or invite them over for a very nice meal?

Maybe they'd like movie tickets, or a gift certificate to a movie rental place.

If you can go a little over your $30 llimit you can make a wreath or flower arrangement and include in the design 35 of the new one dollar coin pieces. I did a wreath for my uncle's 70th birthday and used 70 fifty cent pieces and lots of ribbon and a few artificial flowers glued on a purchased grape vine wreath. He never did spend the money but kept the wreath on his wall as decoration for years.

Do they like wine? Find out if there is a local winery where you live. There's one near us that has award winning wine and we gift that as gifts once in a while, to people who we know will like it. It's only about $8/bottle.

Thank you all so much for your lovely ideas. I finally went with the tried-and-true - $35 cash. I'd've done a gift cert at their new favorite restaurant but it wasn't open Sunday a.m. when I was there. They enjoyed hearing your suggestions, and I especially liked the GIVE US FREE FOOD idea. It makes me laugh every time I think of it, because it's so true - my 85-year-old neighbors' gift rule is Nothing That Lasts More Than 30 Days.

how about a candle light dinner that's served by you.

make a meal for $30.00 and re-heat it there and serve as well as clean up afterwards.

my friend is moving, and i needed to give her something as a gift since she's having a party.. i dont want to spend more than 30 dollars. she is 14 years old. the party is this week. somebody help please. THANKS!

Dear lazlazlaz,

First, a throwaway camera to take photos at the party. Then, a $10 gift card to a chain store to make sure she develops the pictures. The rest, buy minutes on her cell phone so you can still be close friends.

Holidays and Parties Gifts AnniversaryApril 4, 2007
Square Foot Gardening
The Basics of Square Foot Gardening
Fishing gear.
Making a Fishing Gift Basket
Gift basket with green ribbon.
Making a Mother's Day Gift Basket
Gift Card Holder Crafts
Gift Card Holder Crafts
🎄