Advice for Safely Finding Babysitting Jobs

I need a babysitting jobs and I would like tips on how to start.

By Hailey from Plaquemine, LA

Answers

To celebrate the new year we are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards for people who answer questions on ThriftyFun in January! Click here to find out more...

Start by asking you people that you know. You must know some people that need a babysitter. If you are talking about actual daycare, go through the department of social services.

July 16, 2010 Flag

I would like to find baby sitting jobs for a 14 year old girl.

By Daniella from Denison, TX

Answers:

Put ad in news paper or ask your friends, good luck. (03/16/2010)

By kffrmw88

Check the background of anyone you consider babysitting for. I check the background of anyone I even hire to do a job at my home. (03/20/2010)

By Stngray

If you live in a family neighborhood, start with your parents' friends. Ask them to use word-of-mouth. You can do the same at your local church, synagogue, or mosque. 14 is a little young, but I believe YMCAs offer babysitting certification courses for folks your age. That will be an advertisement in itself. You could also mention your skills on your online community, to your friends, at least. (For more privacy, use the community email, not the public "status update" type option. I'd still say be cautious, though. Have a reliable person you can call in an emergency, whether it's one of your parents, an older sibling, whoever. Make sure your babysitting clients all know you have ready backup. It isn't the gentle world where I grew up anymore, I'm sad to say. (03/22/2010)

By JustPlainJo

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Teen Babysitter Playing Dominoes with Child
Advice for Teen Babysitters
Parenting Teen EmploymentJuly 16, 2010
A girl babysitting two children.
Babysitting Activity Ideas
babysitter with two kids
Saving Money on Babysitting
Child Playing at Summer Childcare Center
Ideas for Summer Childcare
Teenager Talking with Father
Advice for Teenagers
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 21, 2017 at 6:12:19 PM on 10.0.1.53 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.