Spareribs With Coke

I am looking for recipe for spareribs made with coke. It was great and tasted just like from a Chinese restaurant.

Nicole From Cornwall Ontario

I have used Coke, Pepsi, Dr. Pepper, Faygo Rock n Rye. I have also used the diet versions of all these and it made no difference. I usually soak my ribs for several hours in a mix of the pop, chopped garlic, salt, freshly ground pepper and whatever else I feel like. Then I grill the ribs. I mix premade BBQ sauce with the marinating liquid (1/4 marinade to 3/4 BBQ sauce) and baste. To serve I boil some of the remaining pop and mix with more BBQ sauce. My husband and I love Emeril's Kicked Up BBQ, Sweet Baby Ray's and Sticky Fingers.

Coca Cola BBQ Sauce

2 cups Coca-Cola

2 cups catsup

2 cups white vinegar

1/2 onion large onion, finely chopped

1 1/2 tablespoons black pepper

3 tablespoons chili powder

3 tablespoons salt

3 tablespoons sugar

Mix all ingredients in a saucepan and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and cook slowly for 1-2 hours, stirring occasionally. Let cool.

Place the ribs in a glass baking dish and pour Coca Cola BBQ sauce all over, cover, place in fridge and let marinade overnight. Sprinkle with Cajun seasoning and slow cook in the oven 3 to 4 hours at about 300 or grill over indirect heat.