Spareribs With Coke

I am looking for recipe for spareribs made with coke. It was great and tasted just like from a Chinese restaurant.

Nicole From Cornwall Ontario

I have used Coke, Pepsi, Dr. Pepper, Faygo Rock n Rye. I have also used the diet versions of all these and it made no difference. I usually soak my ribs for several hours in a mix of the pop, chopped garlic, salt, freshly ground pepper and whatever else I feel like. Then I grill the ribs. I mix premade BBQ sauce with the marinating liquid (1/4 marinade to 3/4 BBQ sauce) and baste. To serve I boil some of the remaining pop and mix with more BBQ sauce. My husband and I love Emeril's Kicked Up BBQ, Sweet Baby Ray's and Sticky Fingers.

Coca Cola BBQ Sauce

2 cups Coca-Cola

2 cups catsup

2 cups white vinegar

1/2 onion large onion, finely chopped

1 1/2 tablespoons black pepper

3 tablespoons chili powder

3 tablespoons salt

3 tablespoons sugar

Mix all ingredients in a saucepan and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and cook slowly for 1-2 hours, stirring occasionally. Let cool.

Place the ribs in a glass baking dish and pour Coca Cola BBQ sauce all over, cover, place in fridge and let marinade overnight. Sprinkle with Cajun seasoning and slow cook in the oven 3 to 4 hours at about 300 or grill over indirect heat.

Barbecued Spare Ribs
Barbecued Spare Ribs Recipes
Food and Recipes Recipes MeatsSeptember 26, 2006
A cup of coke spilling.
Cleaning Coke Stains From Clothing
Spirits of Ammonia and Coke
Spirits of Ammonia and Coke
diet cola
Removing Diet Coke Stains From Clothing
Barbecue Ribs
Barbecue Ribs Recipes
🎉
🎄