Combine Old Bar Soap With New

Using Dial soap, I drop the one almost used-up into the shower while I bathe, along with the brand new bar. Once they are softened, the used-up bar fits nicely into the indentation on the new bar. Just squish them together and once it dries, it is firmly attached to the new bar. I don't know if this works on other brands, but it definitely won't work on Ivory!

By Marilyn from Terre Haute, IN

I've done that for years with any soap-- if you get the small bar soft enough you can stick it onto soaps that are any shape. I still think it's the best way to save on soap.

The second-best way is something we in Japan do all the time-- keep your soap hanging in a net from a hook. Use it through the net. I don't do this for large bar soaps (I think the net probably collects germs), but I sometimes put a few used slivers in a net and use it to wash the rough skin on my heels. You can use plastic net that fruit comes in.

Cantate

A person washing their hands with soap.
Saving Money on Hand Soap
Better Living Green Living ReusingMarch 14, 2008
Bar of Soap
Making Liquid Soap from Bars of Soap
Bar of Soap Stuck in a Toilet
Bar of Soap Stuck in Toilet
Washing with bar soap.
Is Using Bar Soap Safe?
Liquid Hand Soap
Stretching Liquid Hand Soap
🎉
🎄
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on December 8, 2016 at 7:50:08 PM on 10.0.0.42 in 978 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.