Recycled Gazebo

contest winner icon
This was made out of downed trees using recycled vintage furniture, old stained glass for windows, antique hanging chandelier surround with plants outside and a copper weathervane on top. Here are some more photos to show the inside and detail of the gazebo:

By Cathy from Stanwood, WA

I think this is very creative and clever. I would like to see a better pic so more of the detail can be seen. My hats off to you for such a beautiful structure.

Yes. Please! Would love instructions and maybe a larger, closer picture. Thank you. Jann

would like a better picture closer up to see it better and maybe the instrutions on how it was made too

I will send better pictures hope this helps I also have other ideals with bentwood I have made.

If you want more information please let me know. This is in the in side all recycled items.

Hi, Cathy,

This is beautiful and professional-looking. I'd also love to have instructions and more pictures -- maybe you could write an explanatory article for ThriftyFun for all of us. I have a bunch of questions: how long did the project take? How did you use 'downed trees' in the construction? What kind of floor does it have? What kind of roof does it have? What are the dimensions?

Thanks for any and all information on an intriguing structure!

Sincerely,

Nancy in NC

This is BEAUTIFUL!!! I'd love to have one in my backyard. It looks like a picture from a magazine!!! GREAT JOB!!!

That is soooo great! What a creative idea!

We have acreage with lots of downed tree branches. I would love to build something similar! Have you had high winds? We get really hard winds in the winter. What do you think?

Kathy: I spent a lot of years in Stanwood, way back in the day...I have a dear friend who lives there. I am going to send her your link...I bet she knows you! That is the coolest thing I have seen in a long time. You really should see about getting that in a magazine! I am serious! Good job all around.

Oh wow! I want one too! REALLY, I do!

Your gazebo is amazing. This is one of the nicest do-it yourself projects I have seen. Thank you for sharing.

Absolutely fantastic. I, too, think that you should get this in a magazine. Wonderful work.

Okay...when can I come vist? :-)

That is absolutely gorgeous!

That is absolutely brilliant! What a clever idea and how dedicated of you to plan and execute such a complex and interesting structure. Congratulations!

Thanks for all the very nice feed back. In the northwest we also have wind storms and this is not going to blow away. Its very sturdy and heavy. The size of this is 13 feet all around and has a cement floor with terra cotta swirl coloring throw into the cement before it set up.The roof is regular plywood tar paper and 3 tab shingles. The sides were made in panels that were stood up once stood up and nail together with 6 inch long nails the support wood was put in place which is the cross lattice. I used screws on this and pre drill all holes.I used very long screws 3 1/2 inch and used two screws per stick wood. I also put a baseboards around the bottom edge and then a sealer. The wood for base board came from a scrap bin and I painted it with a orange yellow same as the inside roof.

I love this! It is beautiful and yes, I want one too! Will you come and build me one as well...HA!HA! Thanks for sharing this with all of us. Have a good day. Teresa

This is awesome! I want one too! Do you have a plan for it? Thanks for sharing the idea!

That's just beautiful! I would want to just stay in there forever so relaxing I bet. You ought to submit the pics to mother earth news I bet they would proudly publish it, they strive to show how to use natures surroundings and that is so pretty. Great Job!

I love it you did a really great job.

Liz

Excellent work and very inspiring to view. I am glad to see what you have created. I wish I could make things like this myself, but If I even need help I will write you. Thanks for such lovely pictures be proud of your work and creativity.

How beautiful! I have always wanted a gazebo.... now I want THIS gazebo! LOL :) Thanks so much for sharing.

Smashing! When I can I come to relax and read my books? How creative and beautiful. You should do gazebo designs and how "green" of you to recycle.

Very beautiful! What a great job! I would love one of my own!

I love it what a good green thing to do. I wish I had one!

well done absolutely beautiful, i want one NOW regards jan uk

WOW!!!!!

Absolutely smashing! Great idea! Will tell my husband to keep downed tree stems and branches and will make the same! Thanks for sharing!

Wow ... you are one creative person!! What an awesome, unique idea. It's nice to see someone inspire so many people. Now a days there are nothing but cheap gazebos that fall apart within a year or so for sale at a high price. You could make a fortune if you made these for others ~ or if you sold instructions on "HOW TO"!

Good Job!

Cathy,

What a creative idea! I absolutely love it and had to show it to my mom! what kind of tree branches did u use? Or did you? we have so many downed trees on our property from the past couple of winter wind storms that we have wood and branches coming out of our ears! This is a cool idea to do something with that wood.

Heather

You're a construction genius! HGTV should pick this up.

Just gorgeous, ok, now you can make me one. Lol Very impressive I must say! Sally in Michigan

This is fantastic. Would love to know how you did this. Go green!

Absolutely fantastic! You completely built my dream gazebo. Will you leave it to me in your will? :) Just joking on that one. But it is so beautiful and creative. Wish I had a fourth of your creativity!

Absolutely amazing! Would be neat as a kid's playhouse too.

Recycled Gazebo
Making a Recycled Gazebo
Crafts Garden & Yard DecorationsAugust 28, 2008
Handmade wine cork corkboard
Recycled Wine Cork Bulletin Board
How To Recycle Paper
Making Recycled Paper
A woman stand in a room built using recycled windows.
Building with Recycled Windows
Bicycle Wheel
Making a Recycled Bicycle Wheel Pot Rack
🎄
🍂