The base for all six butters is 8 oz. (2 cubes) of softened butter (margarine can be used, but is not as good).
- Honey Butter: Add 1/2 cup each honey and chopped walnuts. Chill.
- Onion Mustard Butter: Add 1/3 cup chopped green onion and 1 Tbsp. mustard. Chill.
- Savory Butter: Soak 1 Tbsp. minced onion in 2 tsp. lemon juice for 10 minutes. Add 2 Tbsp. parsley, 1/4 tsp. marjoram, 1/4 tsp. thyme, pinch of garlic powder. Chill.
- Shrimp Butter: Mix 4.5 oz. drained and chopped shrimp, 1/5 tsp. dill weed, 2 Tbsp. lemon juice, pepper to taste. Chill.
- Herb Butter: Mix 1 Tbsp. each of parsley, tarragon, marjoram, basil and thyme. Add 1 tsp. salt. Pepper to taste. Chill.
- Rum Butter: Add 1/2 cup light brown sugar, 1/4 cup light rum, 1/8 tsp. nutmeg. Chill.
Source: Got them from my mom.
By Sandra from Salem OR
November 4, 20080 found this helpful
Two more flavors that are really yummy to add to that amount of butter are:
Maple Butter: 1 cup of vermont maple syrup
Citrus Butter: 3/4 teaspoon of grated orange, lemon or lime peel
November 7, 20080 found this helpful
They each sound really good, but what would you put them on? Might be a dumb question but was just wondering.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
In This Article
You are viewing the desktop version of this page: View Mobile Site
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by ThriftyFun
generated on October 19, 2016 at 10:49:22 PM on 10.0.0.94 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer
. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us