PlumbingHome

Grease Coming Out of Bathroom Faucet

What causes grease balls to come from bathroom faucet?

By Mag from LaGrange, GA

Answers

Our house is about 8 months old and we are having a problem with small grease spots appearing in the water that comes out of the master bath bathtub faucet and sometimes in the shower. It appears floating on the bath water and sticks to the side of the tub. In the shower, it will speckle you and you notice it after you get out. We haven't noticed it in any of the other bathrooms or kitchen.

We have two separate water tanks and wonder if it is in the plumbing leading from the one tank to this bathroom. Does anyone know what it could be?

Paula from Dalton, GA

Answers:

Grease Coming Out of Bathroom Faucet

Hi Paula. I've never had the problem, but have you called your builder and told them of the problem? Also, I did some surfing and it appears that some people have had the problem. Here's just one plumbing forum that I found: findplumbing.com. I hope you are able to fix the problem. I don't think I'd like bathing with the grease. (05/17/2006)

By Luvyabye

Grease Coming Out of Bathroom Faucet

We had this problem with out bathroom lavatory faucet a few years ago. The problem was the flexible water supply line that goes from the cut off valve under the sink to the faucet. It has a black rubber coating on the inside of the line and the coating was breaking down and came out of the faucet as small grease balls. My hubby replaced the tubing and solved the problem. Good luck! (05/17/2006)

By pomm594