Question
Browse>Contests>Ask>Share>Newsletters>Account>About>

How Do I Remove Permanent Marker from the Dryer?

How do you get marker out of a dryer?

By Lacey

Here are the recent answer to this question.

By Buddy Hale06/27/2010

Hey Lacey, I have removed this before. If it hasn't kind of "cooked" on yet. Try a rag with finger nail polish remover, or straight acetone. Do not rub too hard it may remove a little of the finish of the dryer. Pour it on the rag first then rub on stains. Try that. I think that should work.
Buddy

Thrifty Fun has been around so long that many of our pages have been reset several times. Archives are older versions of the page and the feedback that was provided then.

Archive: How Do I Remove Permanent Marker from the Dryer?

I left a permanent marker in my apron from work, and ran in though the dryer. There are literally stains everywhere. I have tried Superclean (an engine degreaser), Magic Erasers, 409, and none of them worked. I tried using nail polish remover, but it barely made a difference. Does anyone have any suggestions for permanent ink?

By Kenny from Murrieta

RE: How Do I Remove Permanent Marker from the Dryer?

This secret/method works when someone gets permanent marker on a counter top or appliance or uses a permanent marker instead of a wipe off marker on a whiteboard. Take a wipe off marker the same color as the permanent marker and write over the exact same marks as the permanent marker. Then take a wipe off eraser or paper towel and voila! the permanent marker should come off as well.

Once in a while it may take a couple of times to remove it totally, but usually it comes off the first time. I don't know how well this will work with a marker in the dryer, but it's worth a try. Good luck. (05/11/2010)

By simonsmommie

This really works! I took magic marker off of a piano with "Off" bug spray. It was truly unbelievable. Try it. You won't believe it. Spray it directly on the stain and take paper towels and rub. Let us know if this works for you. It did not even mess the paint or finish on the piano, amazing. (05/30/2010)

By sweetie6116