How Do I Remove Permanent Marker from the Dryer?

How do you get marker out of a dryer?

By Lacey

Answers

Hey Lacey, I have removed this before. If it hasn't kind of "cooked" on yet. Try a rag with finger nail polish remover, or straight acetone. Do not rub too hard it may remove a little of the finish of the dryer. Pour it on the rag first then rub on stains. Try that. I think that should work.

Buddy

Answer

I left a permanent marker in my apron from work, and ran in though the dryer. There are literally stains everywhere. I have tried Superclean (an engine degreaser), Magic Erasers, 409, and none of them worked. I tried using nail polish remover, but it barely made a difference. Does anyone have any suggestions for permanent ink?

By Kenny from Murrieta

This secret/method works when someone gets permanent marker on a counter top or appliance or uses a permanent marker instead of a wipe off marker on a whiteboard. Take a wipe off marker the same color as the permanent marker and write over the exact same marks as the permanent marker. Then take a wipe off eraser or paper towel and voila! the permanent marker should come off as well.

Once in a while it may take a couple of times to remove it totally, but usually it comes off the first time. I don't know how well this will work with a marker in the dryer, but it's worth a try. Good luck. (05/11/2010)

By simonsmommie

This really works! I took magic marker off of a piano with "Off" bug spray. It was truly unbelievable.
Try it. You won't believe it. Spray it directly on the stain and take paper towels and rub. Let us know if this works for you. It did not even mess the paint or finish on the piano, amazing. (05/30/2010)

By sweetie6116

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Cleaning Ink Out of a Dryer
Cleaning Ink Out of a Dryer
Home and Garden Cleaning AppliancesJune 25, 2010
Permanent Marker
Removing Permanent Marker From Vinyl
Blue Jeans
Removing Permanent Marker on Jeans
A colorful wooden dresser.
Removing Permanent Marker from Wood Furniture
A Sharpie marker with its lid off.
Removing Permanent Ink (Sharpie) from Plastic
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on May 5, 2016 at 8:09:18 PM on 10.0.0.18 in 217 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.