Tuna And Noodles

A staple that can always be stretched to feed company.

• 3 cups shell macaroni
  • 1/2 cup cream of celery soup
  • 1 can tuna
  • 1/2 cup mayonnaise
  • 2 Tbsp. chopped onion
  • Ad
  • 1 tsp. salt
  • 1/2 cup milk
  • 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
  • 1 cup frozen peas

Directions:

Partially cook the macaroni, drain. Add the soup and tuna stir. Add the rest of the ingredients and mix well. Bake 30 minutes at 350 degrees F.

Top with crunched potato chips. A good way to use up stale chips. Drizzle butter on them if they are too stale.

By latrtatr from Loup City, NE

May 1, 2010 Flag

Simple meal and cheap.

Boil Noodles. Add 1 can of tuna fish and 1 can of cream of mushroom soup.

I feed a family of 6 with left overs for about $3. Kids really like it too.

Source: My parents made it when I was a kid and I don't know where they got it.

By Steve from Dayton, OH

Answers:

Tuna Fish And Noodles

Yay! tuna casserole! I also add mixed vegetables, a cup of milk, and sprinkle some chip crumbs on top(I just save the end of the bag). YUM! (12/03/2008)

By Starchild in VT

Tuna Fish And Noodles

And besides adding some veggies (usually broccoli or cauliflower) I also add cheese that might be close to it's stale date ... It adds a nice flavor and the cheese is being used before it has gone bad :-) (12/03/2008)

By Deeli

Tuna Fish And Noodles

LOL. Our parents must have been neighbors at some point in time. This is good over toast as well. Mmmmm, comfort food. Add some corn if you really want to carb out! (12/03/2008)

By verynicebecky

Tuna Fish And Noodles

I had forgotten all about having it over toast! Haven't had it that way for over four decades when I was a little girl! Thanks for the reminder! :-) (12/03/2008)

By Deeli

Tuna Fish And Noodles

Wow! Never thought I'd see this on here. One day very long ago I was fooling around in the kitchen and tried putting cooked flat egg noodles in a pan, a can each of mushroom soup and cream of chicken. Then a can of drained tuna, a little milk and crushed a small bag of potato chips up and threw them in. I heated it thoroughly on low heat, and served it to my finicky kids...they LOVED it. They ate as much as they wanted and we still had some left over.

This was about 20 yrs ago and they have learned to fix it for their kids, and as i see from the feedback you can dress it up....yum! I now live alone and don't fix it or else I will be eating it for 2 weeks. lol (12/03/2008)

By Barbara.

Tuna Fish And Noodles

You can also use Cream of Chicken soup, my mother used to make Tuna and Noodles for me all the time because I loved it, but I hated mushrooms so Cream of Chicken is a good alternative for picky eaters! (02/11/2009)

By Holly

Tuna Fish And Noodles

This is a wonderful supper! I love it! One of my favorite meals! (02/13/2009)

By Jessica

Tuna Casserole Recipes
Tuna Casserole Recipes
Food and Recipes Recipes Cheap MealsMay 1, 2010
Tuna Cans
Uses for Tuna Cans
Tuna Wrap
Tuna Wrap Recipes
Tuna Tetrazzini
Tuna Tetrazzini Recipes
creamy tuna casserole
Creamy Tuna Casserole
🎉
🎄