Getting Your Priorities Straight

I've put this under "Frugal Living", as anytime you can save yourself money down the road or later in life, I figure it's being frugal with your money. My tip is:

I have a pal who doesn't think anything of playing the slot machines. I don't know how much she and her husband "invest" in slots or poker machines, but it's a "hobby". She talks about her back hurting several times a year. I've suggested her getting a massage, but she won't do it as, "it's too expensive". I think sometimes that people don't have their priorities straight.

First priority should be to her own health. Why not "invest" in her own health, instead of some slot machine. Not only would a massage be a great feeling, but it might help her back pains, as well as her circulation and general well being, heart and soul.

If you're ever indecisive on a gift idea for someone, a massage is a great way to go. It'll be money well spent. I know, a good friend gave me one for my birthday, last year. I've started going once a week, and since going there, I've been able to quit going to the chiropractor and my primary Dr. has commented in how well I'm coming along (the power of prayer, also helps immensely). Be good to yourself, as well as others. As long as you're in good health, you have the world in your hands.

By Terri from NV

I just want to mention that you might want to make sure that they would like a massage as a gift before spending your money. My sister-in-law got a certificate from a neighbor and was trying to find someone to pass it along to. I'm just like my sister-in-law....I would not enjoy someone giving me a massage. Just a thought so you don't waste your money.

I don't know of anyone in my family who 'wouldn't' enjoy a massage, even my 12 year old. Great idea for birthdays or other occasions, thanks for jogging my mind! And yes, I just now realized, I could really use one myself, like you said, investing in my own well being is always a reward of it's own.

Woman in Her Vegetable Garden
Healthy Living Advice
Health & Beauty AdviceJanuary 6, 2006
boy with a cowlick
Getting Rid of a Cowlick
tips for new moms
Time Management Tips for New Moms
Cutting Fabric Straight With Scissors
Cutting Fabric Straight With Scissors
Cutting Straight With Scissors
Cutting Paper Straight With Scissors