Scenery: Birch Alley in May (Stan Hywet, Akron, OH)

This is called the Birch Alley. It is an arrow-straight aisle of birches, with lilies of the valley at their feet. In May, the fragrance is intoxicating.

It is part of the stunning gardens of Stan Hywet, a Tudor Revival country estate in Akron, OH. It was built in the early 1900's by rubber industrialist F. A. Seiberling. It is now a National Historic Landmark. Stan Hywet is Old English for "stone quarry".

By Joyce

I just saw this tonight, in catching up with old newsletters I never opened. This is beautiful! Thanks for sharing this with us. Your historical info is very interesting. I would love to see this myself someday.

Photos SceneryJune 28, 2011
Brown Birch Leaves
Birch Leaves Turning Brown
Whistler Peak
British Columbia Frugal Travel Guide
Colorado
Colorado Frugal Travel Information and Photos
Jamaica Beach
Jamaica Travel Tips - Frugal Travel Guide
🎄
🍂