Garden: Gourds

For those who saw my "baby" gourds right from the start, this is all I finished up with. No exactly what I was hoping for BUT there is always next year!

By Eileen

They are allright. It was a good learning experience and you enjoyed it. That is what counts. Next year you will change some things. Everyone has to start somewhere. Maybe start some seeds indoors and get a longer gowing season. But whatever you do happy gardening next year.

ReplyLike this photo?Like? Yes

October 25, 2010 Flag

For those of you who saw my Gourd vines climbing up the home made trellis, I promised to keep you up to date and tell you when I have a Gourd.

TA DA! My first Gourd, isn't it a beauty?

By Eileen

Garden: Gourds

Answers:

Garden: Gourds

Yes it is! Thanks so much for sharing! (09/24/2010)

By MzScarlett

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

September 13, 2010 Flag

My first attempt at growing Gourds for crafts. I sent away for seeds of the "bottle neck" gourds. I planted about a dozen seeds and to my astonishment they all came up.

My husband and I made a trellis out of wood poles and chicken wire and nailed it to the shed. Here they are growing up the trellis. I will keep you updated with photos when I have gourds.

By Eileen

Garden: Gourds

Answers:

Garden: Gourds

They look great. Gourds are one of the easiest things to grow. No care just water. No doubt you'll get a large crop. (08/21/2010)

By xintexas

Garden: Gourds

Beautiful picture! (08/21/2010)

By homesteaddreamer

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes