Decorating Rooms With Pink Carpet

Here's the thing, I am about to move into my dad's basement and it has two rooms: a medium sized den and a bedroom with a closet and bathroom. It will be great, but the entire area has light pink carpet (except a small area with pink and gray linoleum). I cannot change the carpet. I would like to do something to balance out the pink, especially since I am not real fond of it.

Another thing is, I am 17 and if guy friends come over (or girls) I do not want them to be overwhelmed with girliness or feel as if they are walking into an easter egg. There is one more problem: The walls are right now white wood paneling. All of them except the closet and the bathroom. What can I do paint-wise and decorating-wise to help tone down the little-girly qualities of the basement???

Please help!
Cassie

I would go with a gray, black might be too contrasting, paneling can be painted, try area rugs as well,

Cassie-

go with the flow - use black and grey and do a funky retro 50's feel, poodle skirts, record albums/old records on the wall, kind of like an old diner (think Happy Days reruns). I would leave the walls white - you don't want it to be dark down there... that will bring that pink into an older, more adult feel and get rid of that little girly feeling. It will also be fun for guys and girls alike.

Maybe you can't replace the carpet, but would your Dad let you dye the carpet? It's an inexpensive compared to new carpet.

I had the same problem with our master bedroom, so I found a large area rug at the thrift shop. I covered most of the pink and has allowed me to use other colors, so the pink is not the focal color.

Also hung ceiling to floor drapes along one wall, so when entering your eyes go to the pretty drapes, and the floor is hardly noticed.

If you have a few dollars many times you can find carpets at yard sells or thrift stores that might be more to your liking. If you can't find something cheap then try throw rugs and sometimes some fancy blanket throws look good too. As for the walls maybe draping materials of your choice. You can attach curtain rods around the top of the walls and put material or even fancy sheets. Many different materials. Hope this helps a little.

Pink is very in right now, especially with a deep chocolate brown or olive green. I painted varying widths of vertical stripes in my office with a beige color, chocolate color and a robin egg blue color, but it would have looked just as cool with a pink instead of the blue. Color blocking would also look great, just tape out large squares and paint them, maybe do different colors of beige, tan, and chocolate. You can always get an inexpensive neutral rug to break up the pink.

pink & brown is totally hot right now. but nobody can tell you exactly how to decorate it. i deffinitely think a big throw rug and the drapery on the wall is a great idea. urban outfitters (www.urbanoutfitters.com) has some GREAT wall draperies of all different designs. you should check them out. and once you have that, a rug, and furniture, it wont be so noticeable. let your personality shine through and all eyes will be on YOU, not your room. lol. that was cheesy.

Decorate with brown. Brown and pink are very cool colors right now! It won't look soo feminine either. Do stripes or fun polka dots

use green, and stripes, the colour constrast will look wonderful!!

I have the same problem, I have pink carpet and white walls. If you don't feel like painting the walls, then you can just cover the walls with posters of bands, celebrities, etc.

Home and Garden Home Improvement Decorating Teen SpaceJanuary 30, 2005
Nursery with pink walls.
Decorating Rooms With Pink Colored Walls
A package of cornmeal.
Dry Carpet Cleaner Recipes
Repairing a Burn Hole in Carpet, Upclose photo of carpet.
Repairing a Burn Hole in Carpet
baby
Pink Eye Remedies for Babies
🎄