Tent Plants in Plastic Wrap When On Vacation

I have many houseplants and I have found an excellent way to keep them from drying out when we go on vacation. Water plants first, then tent smaller house plants with plastic wrap. I have several large potted plants that cannot be tented. I cover the base of the plant at dirt level with the plastic wrap.

When I return from vacation, my plants are still happy and don't even need to be watered. This was a remarkable discovery for me; I no longer have to have someone come in during the week to water them.

If you want to make sure my tip works, try it on one of your houseplants a few weeks before your vacation.

By jo from Riverside, RI

Thanks a lot.This is a great tip & timely. I'm going to Vermont to visit my daughter who just moved up there from MA. about a month ago for Labor Day Weekend & won't return until Tuesday or Wednesday. I was wondering what to do about that; but didn't want to over water & I don't have anyone to come water them for me. : )

Thank you very much for this wonderful suggestion. I am leaving for Asia and will be gone 2 weeks. Will it work for this amount of time? Also, will it work for outdoor plants as well?

Thank you,

Cathy

Would it be possible for you to post a pic of your plants when tented so I get the right idea?

Self Watering Houseplant
Watering Houseplants On Vacation
Home and Garden Gardening House PlantsAugust 31, 2010
An aerial photo of Disneyland.
Saving Money on a Disney Vacation
Cleaning a Tent, Tent in wet conditions
Cleaning a Tent
Blue and Yellow Dome Tent
Buying a Tent
Photo of a tent set up in the woods.
Removing Mildew from a Tent
🎉
🎄