Redistribute Leftovers After an Event

After an event, in the rush to clean up, many things may just be tossed out because everyone is too tired to think of anything else. But it's better to re-distribute the leftover food, cake, drinks, water bottles, napkins and so on among those who worked so hard to put the event together. Think of it as a non-cash tip! It's amazing how much people appreciate being able to take some food or drink home with them.

By Pamphyila from L.A., CA

This hint is so fine and I think will be used by many people...including me.

When we are having anything with food and guests we tell them if they want leftovers please bring some old butter bowls, or whatever with them. Also my parents start saving up butter bowls in case someone doesn't bring any. Then when it's over we divide food up according to how many in family. Like my brother gets enough for 4 people but we only take home enough for 2.

Excellent idea, one many of us should use regularly. I got to bring home the remnants of a fruit tray after my daughter's bridal shower last night, for example. It'll make a healthy breakfast-in-a-hurry for me tomorrow morning.

Holidays and Parties Parties AdviceAugust 13, 2009
Losing Weight After Having a Baby, Woman in Red Coat Walking Her Baby Stroller in the Park
Losing Weight After Having a Baby
Refrigerator With Leftovers in Tupperware
Organizing Leftovers
A stack of old cellphones.
Donating Old Cellphones
Thanksgiving Leftover Sandwich
Using Thanksgiving Leftovers