Christmas Table Napkin Rings
Festive table napkin rings with a knitted flower embellishment.
Approximate Time: 10 minutes each one
- cardboard tube
- oddments of wools (yarn)
- PVA glue
- craft knife/scissors
- Cut tube into 1.5" wide rings. Toilet or kitchen rolls are ideal.
- Glue or tape one end of wool to secure to card tube.
- Wind wool around to cover card. I used double wool for speed.
- When the tube is completely covered glue or tape end to secure.
- Glue a button on to decorate.
I also knitted a small flower for some. See flower directions below.
- Cast on 7st with dk using 3mm needles.
- 1st row: inc into every stitch - 14sts.
- Purl 1 row.
- Next row: inc into every stitch - 28sts.
- Beginning with a purl row, st.st 7 rows.
- *Next row: k2tog to end - 14sts.
- Purl 1 row.
- K2tog to end - 7sts.
- Leaving a long end, thread through sts and fasten off loosely.
- Gather cast on sts tightly and join row ends.
- Stuff lightly and pull up length tightly and fasten off.
- Take wool around edge of flower and pass needle through middle to make petals.
- Work a few stitches in centre.
- If you want to knit a 2 coloured flower st.st 4 rows at *, change colour and st.st 3rows.
These would make great Christmas gifts or be perfect to use for that special dinner party. I gift wrap in cellophane for an extra special touch.
I've made 100s of these over the years for my childrens' school fairs.
By Sue from Bristol, UK
Add your voice to the conversation.