Rock Cakes Recipe

My grandmother used to make what she called Rock Cakes or Rock Buns for us, anybody know what I'm talking about? Can you please post the recipe?

MJJJOY from North Bay, Ontario

To celebrate the new year we are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards for people who answer questions on ThriftyFun in January! Click here to find out more...

hi if you do a google search with "ROCK CAKEs" in subject line........there is a bunch of them .....hope this helps you.......sounds good mite have to try some of them...........I'm also form Ontario and my grandparents was from Wiarton and my grandmother always told me as a child the rocks there grew each yr and I believed her so this name brought back memories (for some strange reason LOL).....hope you find the recipe you need, take care, Grammar

Your Grandma must have been

English! My Mother made them all the time when I was a child in England. Unfortunately I don't have a recipe but as the previous post says, there are a lot of recipes on Google. The recipe my mother used was very basic - flour, sugar, butter, egg and some dried fruit and she baked them in a muffin pan, unlike most of the recipes I found on Google, where they are baked on a cookie sheet. This definitely brought back memories for me. Hope you find a recipe like your Grandma's.

Yes my nana was English and was a tremendous cook and baker, for some reason I havent had much luck with "googling" rock cakes, but now I'll try again. Thank you for your kind words and input

HI just read your post by any chance did these rock cakes have currants or raisins in them?

if so gimme an email @ XxxkittykatzzZ@aol.com and i'll forward the recipe to you.

SooZ

Food and Recipes Recipes Baking & Desserts CakesJune 11, 2006
growing plants in rock walls
Growing Plants in Rock Walls
Homemade rock candy.
Homemade Rock Candy
Fondant cake.
Decorating Cakes With Fondant
Thomas the Tank Cake
Making Character Cakes
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 17, 2017 at 8:51:11 AM on 10.0.1.54 in 3 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.