Removing Tight Rings

This works every time. If you can't get your ring off your finger, spray Windex all around the ring and off it will come. You'll never forget this tip after it works for you just once. Have a nice day.

By Gayl from Walpole

Water works well, too.

Unlike using creams, your rings will stay clean. If you must use a cream, stick to vegetable oil.

I tried this last night - it works! Water only seems to make mine harder to get off.

I tried it too and it worked great! I hadn't been able to get the ring off since my husband gave it to me at Christmas. I love it but it is difficult to garden with it on. I will use this tip again and again. But there is one thing that I worry about. How caustic is the windex to gemstones? My ring is an emerald and I would hate to ruin it just getting it off my finger. Anyone know?

Jess

Windex should be safe on any silver or gold ring and gemstones. Don't use it on pearl rings, pearls are very sensitive and easily damaged. Opals can be very sensitive also but mostly to heat.

Susan from ThriftyFun

instead u could use the foam of a soap /shampoo and try releasing the ring ,there is not a better idea to this one

Had quite an episode when out by my brother's place. Was doing dishes when I took my hand out of the water and my sterling silver ring was dark black, (his water was bad) well I just didn't know what to do and on the counter there was a bottle of Olive Oil, so I opened the bottle and poured it out on my ring (which is not an easy ring to get off) and turning it a bit each way, getting the oil under the ring, it slipped off with NO PROBLEM. I was amazed at how well and quick it worked. Put it in my pocket untill we got home. Then to cleaning it, my husband had looked up on web how to clean sterling silver and it said to softly put (with a soft cloth) toothpaste on it, while rinsing that off, used a tooth brush to get all of the toothpaste off. And I wannta tell ya, it sparkled like I've never seen before. Needless to say, now the ring comes off before I do the dishes !

It did not work, but thanks anyway.

Windex worked like a charm, after struggling and straining with hand cream and water.

It worked like majic. Lotion and soap did not help. Windex worked after one try!

Tried the Windex or any glass cleaner and slowly rolled the ring with a bit of pressure off.

Didn't think it would work, but it did, thanks

Apply thick petroleum jelly in the morning because as the day progresses fingers do swell and it will be difficult and remove. Hope you get some relief.

Sorry didnt work. Nothing is working I'm gonna have to get it cut off  and its my wedding band my husband bought so i dont wear my diamond to work

removing a ring
Removing a Ring That is Stuck on Your Finger
Health & Beauty Beauty AdviceApril 23, 2007
Tight Screw
Loosening a Tight Screw
Illustration of two kids in costumes.  A witch and a pirate.
Making an Orc Costume (Lord of the Rings)
diamond ring
Fixing Rings That Are Too Big
🎄