Repairing Umbrellas - Categories:

ClothingRepair

Repairing Umbrellas

Does anyone know how or where I can find info on how to repair or replace the fabric on vintage rain umbrellas?

Teri

Showing: Answers Sort: Relevance

Don't know how to repair it but I saw the cuteset shower centerpiece made from an umbrella, covered with lace. That's one way to recycle.

No, I don't know someone, but I am in need of someone to repair vintage umbrellas as well. If you happen to find someone, let me know.

have you found anyone who can repair your umbrella? I need someone too! thank you.

There used to be a store in NYC called Uncle Sam's that would repair umbrellas - wonder if it's still there...

I successfully repaired two broken umbrellas yesterday that had a couple of spokes sticking out. I used some plastic biro tops- (the ones that didn't have a vent hole at the end). I made a small horizontal hole right through near the end of the plastic top for threading. I then placed the biro tops on the end of the spokes, pulled the canvas and sewed it through the hole. It was much easier to sew with the umbrella in the unused (down) position if you get my meaning!

Home and Garden Repair ClothingFebruary 2, 2005
Man Repairing a Shoe
Repairing Shoes
Blue Umbrella
Inexpensive Umbrellas
Pink Purse on White Background
Repairing Purses
Family Under Patio Umbrella
Recovering Patio Umbrellas
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on August 24, 2016 at 8:41:12 AM on 10.0.1.242 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.