Cranberry Apple Delight

I grew up with this recipe, and to me it's just not Fall unless I cook this delicious dish. Oh, help me, I can eat a whole pan of it by myself. It travels well to dinners, is better the next day (if it lasts), has lots of healthy ingredients, and did I mention that it is so delicious that your tongue will beat you to death trying to get to it? I buy many bags of cranberries in the fall so I can make this all year long.

• 3 cups chopped apples (I leave skin on)
  • 2 cups raw cranberries, I use frozen right out of the package)
  • 1 and 1/4 cups sugar
  • 1 and 1/2 cups quick oats uncooked
  • 1/2 cup brown sugar
  • 1/3 cup flour
  • 3/4 tsp. salt
  • 1/2 cup butter, melted
  • 1/3 cup chopped pecans*

*Honey, I am sorry, but I put in a ton more and leave them whole. The more pecans, the merrier, if you ask me!

Combine apples and cranberries in 9 by 13 inch or similar pan, sprayed with Pam. Sprinkle sugar over fruit. Mix together oats, brown sugar, flour, nuts and salt. Add butter, mixing until crumbly. Sprinkle over fruit mixture.

Bake at 350 degrees F for 1 hour. (I cook mine just until the crust gets good and brown and the fruit is a little bubbly.) Serve warm or cold with whipped topping or vanilla ice cream. Or just plain, because who needs all that other junk cluttering up the best dessert in the world.

Source: My mother, and I think she got it from someone at a church dinner in the early 1960s.

By Susan M. from Omaha, NE

This sounds just absolutely delicious & I have cranberries waiting in my freezer to make this. Your enthusiasm for your recipe really is contagious! Thanks for it.

Food and Recipes Recipes Baking & Desserts Desserts Fruit DessertsOctober 28, 2009
Sliced Cranberry Bread
Cranberry Bread Recipes
Cranberry Relish in Yellow Dish at Thanksgiving Dinner Table
Cranberry Relish Recipes
Make Your Own Sparkling Apple Cider, Two glasses of sparkling apple cider.
Make Your Own Sparkling Apple Cider
Someone making a cranberry and popcorn garland.
Making a Cranberry Garland