Substitute for La Choy Brown Gravy Sauce

LaChoy used to make a brown gravy sauce. It came in a small glass bottle. It had the consistency of dark molasses. It was great in a fried rice recipe given to me over 30 years ago. There was a substitute suggested by LaChoy. Can anyone help me?

By Sandra from Amesbury, MA

It is called Bead Molasses. I couldn't find it anywhere either. I went on-line and was able to order a number of bottles. Not sure how I found it. You might try going on-line and typing in LaChoy products or Oriental food. I really missed it too. It was worth getting even with the shipping expenses.

I've looked all over Muskegon, Michigan an I can't find it any where ... gravy not same without it .Amazon has it but you have to buy a case of 12 ....

If you look in the ethnic foods area of your grocery store, you can usually find seasoning packets for stir-fried rice. This will give you the seasonings and corn starch for thickening and you add the water. Probably very similar to what you bought in a bottle, but easier to package and less costly when you add the water.

Food and Recipes Recipes Copycat SaucesMay 19, 2010
Peanut Sauce Recipes, Pork satay with peanut sauce dip.
Peanut Sauce Recipes
Photo of brown gravy on a turkey sandwich.
Homemade Brown Gravy Recipes
Scoop of brown rice. Freezing brown rice.
Freezing Brown Rice
Three bunches of bok choy.
Recipes Using Bok Choy
🎉
🎄