Dental Floss When Gathering Fabric

If, when gathering fabric or other material, your thread always breaks right at the most crucial time, I have found that using plain dental floss is wonderful. I use a (large) zigzag stitch on my sewing machine and run the floss under the zigzag (making sure it doesn't get caught). It pulls so easy to gather anything. I have made tutus and never torn the netting.

If you don't sew with a machine, use a large eyed needle to hand gather anything, just using the dental floss. Not only is it easy, but it is so cheap, you can get dental floss for as little as a $1 and it will last a long time. You can even re-use it! Never get in a bind again with broken thread when needing something gathered.

By Tessie from Tulsa, OK

That is a great tip! So clever!

Many years ago, when Belly Dancing was very popular in our area, we used dental floss to sew the coins on to our costumes. Never lost a coin no matter how much we shimmied!

Dental Floss Container
Uses For Dental Floss
Crafts SewingApril 12, 2011
Dentist Examining Woman's Teeth
Saving Money on Dental Work
Name Ideas for Pediatric Dental Clinic
Name Ideas for Pediatric Dental Clinic
Woman Preparing to Brush Her Teeth
Dental Health Tips
framed felt and floss color chart
Making an Embroidery Floss and Felt Color Code Chart