Grinch Themed Office Decorations

We are going for the Grinch theme for office decorations this year. How would you go about decorating?

Missy from Alamogordo, NM

Is it going to be Dr. Seuss grinch or grinch as in real life grinch?

I would look to Whoville for inspiration. Bright colors, lots of texture. Think neon blue, neon green, bright pinks, shiny golds - I would use a lot of crepe paper garlands, lots of lights. You could spray paint twigs in bright colors to adjoin any garland going around the office. You could also use plastic bouncy balls to make oversize "ornaments" that were non-breakable.

definitely hang up some knitted xmas stockings on the walls with red and white stripes , nothing says xmas faster than xmas stockings, in the dr zeuss books there are a lot of stripy stuff,

i would also cut out large paper candy cane shapes and colour them in red & white i agree with the other poster about whoville and maybe watch the movie the grinch again for inspiration

I used this on my classroom door when I taught; a plain background, with maybe a few rips, and a simple hand drawn sign stating " Bah! Humbug! The Grinch stole my decorations!" Have fun!

Get some paper cups and label them "Grinch Poop" and fill them with green candies! You can find green candies at the local dollar trees, the stores that sell candy in bulk, or if you are really in a pinch...serve them as after dinner "poop mints" and use Green Tic Tacs!!

You can also visit this site. It's for teachers, and you can copy and paste and print this cute poem about how the grinch turned all the red and white candycanes to green and white!

http://www.teac  .net/grinch.html

Enjoy!!

Reading your comments made me flash back to my childhood. We lived in an airbase in Charleston, S.C., and they gave out prizes to the best decorated houses. One year, for a family that wasn't around at Christmastime, the owners draped their exterior with Spanish Moss and had a 2x4 ft sign posted at the door, its letters done in drippy black paint, spelling out GRINCH. The won second place.