Easy Bread and Butter Pickles

Take 3 sliced onions, 6-8 cucumbers, sliced celery and carrots all layered in a 1 gallon jar.

Bring to a boil: 4 cups sugar, 4 cups white vinegar,1 1/2 tsp. mustard seeds,1 1/2 tsp. celery seeds,1 tsp. turmeric and 1/2 cup un-iodized salt.

Pour over veggies in jar, Put in fridge. Turn and shake once a day for 10 days.

Great pickles!

By Soochatty from Middletown, DE

Thanks for sharing! I have my very first garden this year and I plan to have oodles of cucumbers and wanted to make some bread and butter pickles since I LOVE them and they are expensive. The only change I will make is to use Generic Splenda in place of the sugar. Thanks for sharing!

Food and Recipes Recipes VegetablesJune 12, 2008
Making Homemade Pickles
Making Homemade Pickles
Dill Pickles
Recipes Using Pickles
Sunshine Dill Pickles
Making Sunshine Dill Pickles
Bread and Butter Pudding
Bread and Butter Pudding Recipes