Nasal Spray Tip

Do you have allergies? Does your nose get dry? Do you ever use a saline moisturizing mist (nose spray)? Well, I've had a stuffy nose and of course, other times I had the crusty nose and the post nasal drip and such. I still do not know for sure what's going on but I am beginning to believe I've developed allergies. No one else in the family has these symptoms.

Well anyway, I had bought some Ziacam spray at a drug store and paid high for it ($10.99) and, although it seemed to really help me to breath better, after a couple days I developed a strange smell and taste in my mouth, even though the directions said it absolutely would not cause that and it was homeopathic. I stopped taking it.

Yesterday, while at Dollar General I happened to notice products like that, that they sell. I decided to buy a box of nose spray. It was only $2.50 and it is called 4-Way Saline Moisturizing Mist and is made by Bristol-Myers. It has eucalyptol and Menthol. You just squeeze the bottle and inhale at the same time. It says it is alcohol free, non-medicated, non-habit forming, soothes dry irritated nasal passages and makes nose feel clearer. It says the ingredients are recommended by ENT's.

So far I like it and no side effects. It seems I can breath better. I think this would be good to use in the winter when the house is drier. I just thought I'd mention because it is so much cheaper than some of those other products. The clerk told me she sells a lot of this and people rave about how well it works and such a good price.

Health food stores carry an item called a "neti" pot, or a nasal cleansing pot. It's used by countries in the East (India mainly), and looks kind of like a small ceramic tea pot. You make up a salt water solution and use it to irrigate and clean your sinuses. I believe that it is used by those who study yoga; it's one of the 6 ways to purify your body.

Anyway, since I have chronic sinusitis, I thought that I'd try one. The first couple of times that I used mine, the sensations were really bad. It kind of felt like getting lots of water up your nose when swimming, but you get used to it. I initially felt so lousy, that I was determined to give it a fair try. It makes so much difference in both my sinuses and my allergies. I've not been on any types of meds for my sinuses in a number of years now. I can breathe freely. My sinuses are not dry, swollen, and I have no pain. I cannot believe the difference this little thing has made for me.

As long as I don't drop it, it'll last forever, and the cost was far cheaper than all the meds, sprays, and irrigants that I was using. And best of all, like you said, there are no side affects--except feeling great.

Be careful about inhaling anything--my allergist told me to spray, then sniff my prescription, Nasonex. You want to be careful about inhaling things into your lungs. Vick's vapor-rub, can cause pneumonia when smeared on the chest, and the thought of inhaling eucalyptus and menthol worries me that you could cause the same problems.

i agree that the saline mist is the best thing for your nose. but be careful not to believe everything the manufacturer tells you. just because it is on the bottle doesnt make it true.. but yes i use a saline mist.

Woman using nasal spray.
Using Nasal Spray
Health & Beauty AdviceSeptember 11, 2006
Sports fans drinking at a sports bar.
How Much Should You Tip at a Sports Bar?
Multidirectional Spray Bottle
Making a Multidirectional Spray Bottle
Spray bottle of perfume.
Repairing A Perfume Spray Nozzle
Saline Nose dropper.
Homemade Saline Nasal Spray