Use a Stocking as a Keyboard Cover

I am not submitting an original tip. I am commenting on a tip that was given about 4-6 weeks ago. That tip had to do with cleaning a computer keyboard. It also suggested putting a knee-high stocking over the keyboard to keep it clean. My original keyboard was a light color and 5 - 6 years old. It was beyond cleaning.

I recently bought a new black keyboard and a package of knee-highs. Once the keyboard was connected (I am disabled and needed help to do that.) the stocking went on. I safety pinned the end so it wouldn't come off. It helps keep the cord out of the way and definitely is keeping things out of the keyboard. I have told and/or showed it to several people. They all were amazed and thought it was a terrific idea. If anything gets on the keyboard, it is easily brushed right off.

If you have a computer keyboard, you need to do this. It feels a little funny when you first start to type with it but you will get used to it. Thank you to the reader that submitted the original tip.

Source: Thrifty Fun reader

By knitter926 from Bloomington, IL

I use plastic wrap to cover my keyboard, as I eat next to my computer. It lasts quite a long time, and is very inexpensive to replace.

Laine

A stocking is a great tip for my detachable keyboard! When I'm using my laptop in the kitchen, I put Press and Seal over the keyboard. I cook from the internet a lot so my laptop spends quite a bit of time in the kitchen.

I would never have thought of covering my keyboard. My keyboard gets so dirty and I never know what to clean it with. Do you have any suggestions on cleaning it before I cover it? Thank you so much, your post was so very helpful.

Keeping Your Keyboard Clean
Keeping Your Keyboard Clean
Computers TipsJune 17, 2010
A hole in a pair of pantyhose.
Fixing a Run in Your Stockings
Making a Christmas Stocking
Making a Christmas Stocking
Crocheting a Stocking
Crocheting a Stocking
Avoiding Keyboard Spills, Coffee spill on a computer keyboard.
Avoiding Keyboard Spills
🐰
🍀
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 24, 2017 at 9:35:51 AM on 10.0.1.55 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.