Pricing House Cleaning Jobs

I am cleaning a big house. I have 2 bedrooms that I clean, 3 bathrooms, a big living room, kitchen, and dinning room. The client also wants me to do windows and there are times that I do laundry. He wants to pay me $200.00 a month and I clean it 2 times a week. It takes 4 hours each day. Is this enough?

By Cathy from Joaquin, TX

This website should give you an idea of what you should charge.

http://www.cost  ing-service.html

You are making approximately $6.50 an hour, if I figured it right. I'd say you need more money.

You are doing a lot of work. You deserve a lot more money! It sounds like the person you clean for is really trying to take advantage of you. I've had that happen to me. Insist on more money. Your time is worth more.

If I figured it correctly you would be getting $25 a day, or $6.25 an hour. I make more than that babysitting.

That's $6.25/hr, that's ridiculous! I charge $15/hr to clean houses and no one has ever had a problem with it. I would come up with an hourly rate and tell him what it is. If he doesn't want to pay it, find a new client. He's not worth the trouble and doesn't appreciate your services. Good luck and be firm!

Actually, you would be making less than $6.25 an hour over a years time on this monthly payment plan! Get out a yearly calendar and you will see all of the months of the year which have more days than just four seven day weeks. By my calculations it turns out to be almost 4 extra weeks of work either free to him or about $5.75 per hour to you over a years time. Minimum Wage in Texas is $7.25 per hour!

I suggest you ask to be paid by the week based on eight hours per week and I think a 'minimum' fair rate would be $80.00 per week. He's not going to find anyone reliable who will do all the work he's asking you to do for less than that! Also, make sure he is the one supplying all of the cleaning products and equipment! Sincere Good Luck To You!

Business and Legal BusinessSeptember 5, 2010
Cleaning a Gas Oven
Cleaning a Gas Oven
Woman Spring Cleaning Outside With Pressure Washer
Spring Cleaning (Outside Your House)
Scouring Pad
Saving Money on Scouring Pads
Rubber cleaning glove giving a thumbs up.
Homemade Cleaning Wipes
🐰
🍀
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 24, 2017 at 9:36:50 AM on 10.0.1.55 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.